Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: do minorities have a clear advantage of getting in and if so, is it right?  (Read 5717 times)

HBCU.EDU

get over it.

inthesun

I'm over it. ;D

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Not another AA thread.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

exactly!

:-*

G-Unit

• View Profile
Please tell me which law schools that they have a clear advantage so that I will be sure to apply. In life, there are always advantages, so why is it that people try to make being a minority and getting a break, a problem!  There are legacy advantages, friends in high places advantages, etc., so this one is no different.

The person who started this thread needs to check history!  If there was one advantage for a minority for every disadvantage of the past, we would not live long enough to recieve them.  Don't bring up the past unless you are really willing to address the true issues.  Minorities in this country deserve every opportunity and Affirmative Action is designed to correct the mistakes of the past.  Allowing a minority an opportunity does not create a missed opportunity for a non-minority. But even if it did, then so be it! 

sonnygun

• View Profile
sure, if minorities want to continue to use a crutch to get ahead because they cant on their own merit, sure! what about all other immigrant groups that have made it on their own, jews, italians, russians, germans, they were discriminated against and never had government reliance, so why do minorities have to? this is an equal opportunity country, why should minorities get an advantage?

dgatl

sure, if minorities want to continue to use a crutch to get ahead because they cant on their own merit, sure! what about all other immigrant groups that have made it on their own, jews, italians, russians, germans, they were discriminated against and never had government reliance, so why do minorities have to? this is an equal opportunity country, why should minorities get an advantage?

you must have serious self-confidence issues.  why don't you focus on aceing the LSAT and getting into law school on your own merit instead?

sonnygun

• View Profile
allready have slim, 168

dgatl

allready have slim, 168

then what the hell are you worried about?  if you have a solid GPA, then you have damn good credentials.

sonnygun

• View Profile
no i justed wanted to see what people thought about it, because i am half hispanic but dont use that status because i dont feel that i was discriminated against in my life, but i am just one person, others have different views , including non minorities who have been disciminated against.

sonnygun

• View Profile
good luck at emory its a great school