Law School Discussion

do minorities have a clear advantage of getting in and if so, is it right?

just wanted to get some feedback as i have consitently been beating the averages at schools i applied to but no luck , but as i read posts from minorities applying to these seem schools with lower scores and gpas getting in, it made me wonder if this was true?

thanks

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
let's pretend that this thread never got started.

do a search on URM and you'll find a ton of threads on that topic.  but you will NEVER find an answer.

No one cares here.  Put this in another section.  Th is the waitlist section noob.

>:(

NYKnicks

LOL, sorry, haven't seen noob on this board yet, I thought it was a term mostly used in the computer geek forums I used to participate in.

No one cares here.  Put this in another section.  Th is the waitlist section noob.

>:(

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
I know it is a term that us EverQuest players use too :p

nathanielmark

yes and yes.

superiorlobe

Yes, they have a clear advantage.  Yes, I support affirmative action.

Louder Than Bombs

just wanted to get some feedback as i have consitently been beating the averages at schools i applied to but no luck , but as i read posts from minorities applying to these seem schools with lower scores and gpas getting in, it made me wonder if this was true?

thanks

Please try to be a bit more clever when you flame next time. Thanks.

it seems so from lawschoolnumbers.com and from the comment I've heard. sometimes it's pretty shocking who gets in...but on the internet you should take everything with a grain of salt I suppose...besides, no point in being bitter!

inthesun

Not another AA thread.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!