Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bash UT here  (Read 9357 times)

TNlawguy

• View Profile
Re: Bash UT here
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 04:12:11 PM »
Sorry, I should've addressed that, huh? No, I went to Middle Tennessee State University, which is like the 2nd largest state school here. But, my cousin and several good friends of mine are going to UT-Knoxville, and my best friend goes to UT-Martin.

What about you? Where do you go to school?

TNlawguy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 04:20:27 PM »
Well, do you have any questions? I'll try to answer them. Although I applied to UTK for law school, I'm gonna be going to OSU for law school. But, I can tell you that in and around TN...UT has a solid reputation. I would even say *looks around* that UT grads pull jobs easier in TN that Vandy grads *ducks*. This is because Vanderbilt is viewed by most Tennesseans as a good school but not a state school. Thus, most employers and local firms know that Vandy grads will apply everywhere under the sun and have no particular allegiance to Nashville, Knoxville, or Memphis like UT and University of Memphis grads have. So, it's smarter for them to invest in UT grads because there more likely to see a return on their investment (not to mention bolster TN's economy). Sorry for that rant..lol.

Any questions though? Although I'm not an expert on law school by any means, I have lived in TN most of my life, so I can pretty well attest to how UT is viewed here.

TNlawguy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 04:42:31 PM »
To the best of my understanding, I think that it's fairly easy to gain residency. I know of a couple of students who were classified as out-of-state at UTK their first year and then we're reclassified pretty easily. I think that they we're NC natives, in fact. With respect to resdiency though, the guidelines are pretty lax here in TN...I think generally as long as you reside here for 12 mos and can show an economic interest from TN only and that you don't receive help from outside of the state you should be fine. I found this to be generally true among friends of mine that we're out-of-state while we we're at MTSU. One of my closest friend is a SC native, but she was able to get reclassified pretty quickly.

I hope this helps.

-0-

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 02:29:19 AM »
anyone ever been to hippie hollow?

isnt that supposed to be a good place for scoping the babes?

complete fabrication.  you just see old people or young dudes there, don't know if you're into either.  however, if you're into wakeboarding, the water on lake travis right off hippie hollow is often the calmest water you'll find in the area.

GreyStreet

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 02:37:31 AM »
There's too much sunshine and not enough rain.

There are hot chicks all over the place. You'll always have a stiffy and you'll be embarassed when you get out of your desk.

Austin's way too free-spirited. Too much individualism.

Their sports teams are way too good. They're holding national championships in baseball and football. Too distracting.

The pot there's too potent.

There are lots of walking trails and swimming holes, surrounded by cedar and mesquite. Bad for the allergies.

TITCR

CDX

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006, 01:15:12 PM »
And Texas girls are overrated.  The girls at SEC schools are way hotter

Actually, TITCR.

-0-

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile