Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bash UT here  (Read 9659 times)

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bash UT here
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 04:06:47 AM »
Eh heh. Why do people like Texas, the state so much? Colorado and the South West is nicer. Heck, Ohio and Maryland have a lot of charm.

Towlie

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 04:31:43 AM »
Your job prospects will be limited to Texas and the South..

Towlie

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 07:07:29 PM »
Towlie, does your name have anything to do with South Park?  I hope so. ;)

Indeed it does (although I believe I spelled it wrong.) You wanna get hiiiiigh?  ;)

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 04:53:37 PM »
1) UT = University of Tennessee, only Texas doesn't realize that.

2) Undergrad dominates everything about that school and their undergrads suck (yes, all of them)

3) Austin gets hot, really hot.  And it stays hot, really hot.

4) No rain, no wind, no anything other than the sun beating down on you every day.  Sounds good at first.  Is good at first.  Gets old very fast.

5) You eat your mascot every day.

6) There are hot girls because there are bound to be some good looking ones out of the 60,000+ people that go there.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that they let in anyone with a Texas high school diploma and a pulse.

7) Good sports teams?  Good.  Obnoxious, fair-weather fan base?  Bad.

8) The bar scene is vastly overrated.  6th St. is unbearable to anyone who has ever been in a bar before.  4th St. is like a nightmare that you can't wake up from.  Every place else just plain sucks.

9) Live music capital of the world?  Wow.  I've yet to hear a good local band in Austin.

10) Austin's highway system was designed by a blind man with a second grade education and a penchant for buggery.

haha

ok- i am going to have to disagree with some of your points

I believe you are referring to tech on the last part of #6

#9- they have some decent local bands, and concerts on the lake are fun.

never been to the bars so I'll take your work for it on #8

that is all

Ever

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 07:24:30 PM »

The Top 10% rule in Texas makes sure A&M and UT are filled with idiots.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:17:05 PM »

The Top 10% rule in Texas makes sure A&M and UT are filled with idiots.

Yeah- the top 10% rule is bull

Towlie

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 02:25:54 AM »

Indeed it does (although I believe I spelled it wrong.) You wanna get hiiiiigh?  ;)

Ok, I saw South Park last night and he was on and I have a new spelling!  He was writing a book called "A Million Little Fibers" and spelled it Toweleeeeie.  :D

Yes, I have a new name in book. Buy it.. and give my regards to Oprah's minge.

Ever

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 03:20:50 AM »

Ok, I saw South Park last night and he was on and I have a new spelling!  He was writing a book called "A Million Little Fibers" and spelled it Toweleeeeie.  :D

Yes, I have a new name in book. Buy it.. and give my regards to Oprah's minge.

:o

-0-

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 03:32:46 PM »

2) Undergrad dominates everything about that school and their undergrads suck (yes, all of them)

4) No rain, no wind, no anything other than the sun beating down on you every day.  Sounds good at first.  Is good at first.  Gets old very fast.

6) There are hot girls because there are bound to be some good looking ones out of the 60,000+ people that go there.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that they let in anyone with a Texas high school diploma and a pulse.

8) The bar scene is vastly overrated.  6th St. is unbearable to anyone who has ever been in a bar before.  4th St. is like a nightmare that you can't wake up from.  Every place else just plain sucks.

9) Live music capital of the world?  Wow.  I've yet to hear a good local band in Austin.

10) Austin's highway system was designed by a blind man with a second grade education and a penchant for buggery.

1.  It's the opposite.  Google UT see what comes up first.

6.  Dumbest thing I've ever heard about the girls.  Google any "independent study" to prove my point.  For example: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hottest+girls+on+campus clicked on the first link: Playboy's Top 10...  UT is #1.  And yes, top 10% rule sucks.

TNlawguy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 03:56:02 PM »

1.  It's the opposite.  Google UT see what comes up first.

6.  Dumbest thing I've ever heard about the girls.  Google any "independent study" to prove my point.  For example: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hottest+girls+on+campus clicked on the first link: Playboy's Top 10...  UT is #1.  And yes, top 10% rule sucks.

Just a point of order. Actually, as a Tennessean, I can tell you that we don't refer to University of Tennessee as just UT since there's like a million schools in that system...we usually say UTK, UTC, UTM, etc...we're usually location specific.