Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bash UT here  (Read 9307 times)

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Bash UT here
« on: February 28, 2006, 07:34:55 PM »
same as the UCLA thread, except here you can bash UT and tell me why they are they suck!

ElectricalStorm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bash UT here
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 09:32:29 PM »
It's in TX.

Mugatu...he said bash, not highlight its benefits!  ;)

Shae, interesting way to help make your decision!
UT 1L

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:27:04 PM »
i dont know that much about UT so I can't give some highlights for ppl to tear apart like i did for ucla- so be creative.

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 02:40:24 PM »
There's too much sunshine and not enough rain.

There are hot chicks all over the place. You'll always have a stiffy and you'll be embarassed when you get out of your desk.

Austin's way too free-spirited. Too much individualism.

Their sports teams are way too good. They're holding national championships in baseball and football. Too distracting.

The pot there's too potent.

There are lots of walking trails and swimming holes, surrounded by cedar and mesquite. Bad for the allergies.

yeah austin really sucks

what?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 02:40:58 PM »
I am a grad student at UT now.

The law facilities aren't very nice, and the campus doesn't have much green space.  Also, there are like a billion people at UT (including undergrad). 

Yeah, the weather is beautiful.  But in my opinion, it's TOO beautiful.  Really.  I need some cold weather during the winter so I can appreciate the spring.  Also, there is not really an autumn.  Being from east Tennessee, where autumn is so beautiful, I found it disappointing.

And Texas girls are overrated.  The girls at SEC schools are way hotter.
166/3.8

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 02:44:29 PM »
I am a grad student at UT now.

The law facilities aren't very nice, and the campus doesn't have much green space.  Also, there are like a billion people at UT (including undergrad). 

Yeah, the weather is beautiful.  But in my opinion, it's TOO beautiful.  Really.  I need some cold weather during the winter so I can appreciate the spring.  Also, there is not really an autumn.  Being from east Tennessee, where autumn is so beautiful, I found it disappointing.

And Texas girls are overrated.  The girls at SEC schools are way hotter.

yeah i was never a fan of UT's "campus"

Vainglory

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »
Be prepared for a million miles of red tape.

The law facilities are old and ugly.

The campus is huge and swarming with about 60,000 retarded undergrads who (apparently) have hard-ons for the ugly chicks who go there.

The weather can't beat L.A. by any stretch of the imagination.

The people really are just better looking in southern California.

Austin is really a podunk town, as much as they claim otherwise.  "Live music capital"?  Please.  There are any number of cities that *&^% on Austin for music.  And anything beyond that too - L.A. has it beat as far as opportunities to do anything both during and after school.
Takin the checkered: Minnesota, UIUC, Florida, FSU, Wake Forest, Duke
In the pits: Notre Dame, Northwestern
Crashed out: UCLA, Michigan, GULC, Chicago, UVA

Green flag: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Vainglory

Ever

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 02:07:40 AM »
My top 11:

Austin is one of the most interesting cities in the South, but it has some of the WORST PEOPLE EVER! Snobby, tea sipping, asshats.

Their football program will suck next year – Have fun in the pros Vince, they’re going to eat you alive!

Traffic is even worse than Dallas (mid 1990’s) and Houston, if that was even freakin’ possible.

Absolute hell for political moderates. It is the den of rabid liberals who are always on the defensive, but once you leave the city proper you come in contact with the George W Bush Cult of Personality.

Bevo smells, really bad.

The Aggies pester you like mosquitoes with their damn whooping and stupid male cheerleaders.

They will be beaten into the dust for the next 5 years by Oklahoma (BOOMER SOONER!  ;D)

Live music is generally pretty crappy.

Barton Springs has been closed the last few years and even then the water is cold enough to send you into shock.

Baylor has a napoleon complex while SMU beats the crap out of you when trying to get into the DFW markets.

The administration is distant, non-personable, and generally apathetic to individuals. You are and forever will be a number.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 02:13:35 AM »
My top 11:

Austin is one of the most interesting cities in the South, but it has some of the WORST PEOPLE EVER! Snobby, tea sipping, asshats.

Bevo smells, really bad.

The Aggies pester you like mosquitoes with their damn whooping and stupid male cheerleaders.

Barton Springs has been closed the last few years and even then the water is cold enough to send you into shock.

The administration is distant, non-personable, and generally apathetic to individuals. You are and forever will be a number.

Those things are true, the other items are not true. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

rhythmbomb

• Sr. Citizen
  • ON WISCONSIN!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 03:10:01 AM »
Austin, Texas is THE MOST AWESOME CITY EVER!!!  F*ck Y'all.  That's all I've got to say about that.
In: Penn St, UIUC, Kentucky, Pitt, Wisconsin, Arizona, Chapman, Wake Forest, Richmond, USD, Iowa

Waited: IU-B, Minnesota, UNC
Rejected: Virginia, Boalt, W&L, Wash-StL, W&M

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=rhythmbomb