Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bash UCLA here  (Read 10452 times)

solstice

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Bash UCLA here
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »

However, you can't really put a price on clean air! And you will definitely need a car at USC just so you can leave campus. I rode the bus while in undergrad at UCLA and managed to get around. Riding the bus from USC to anyplace would be a scary experience and not recommended.

I rode the bus in undergrad at USC and didn't have any problems.

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 04:21:41 AM »
i currently attend UCLA undergrad.  way too much bureaucracy.  i have a high gpa with many faculty friends who are very highly regarded and last year, having trouble with the housing office, i was told to go to UC Davis so I can live with my family.  its no good.  my tenure here at UCLA has made me realize I need to go to a private school where people actually care about you.  too many politics.  ucla=yuck

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 11:06:59 AM »
Yeah, that and the class size are what's pushing me towards USC over UCLA. At very best, I would pay 15K less there, but heaven help me if my aid was inadequate or there was a mistake.

Dunson II

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 10:01:23 PM »
My dumb cousin went there for ug and she is the most annoying melodramatic jersey girl you could fathom.  40 year old loser. 

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 02:17:53 AM »

Really though #4 is the worst, its difficuklt to describe but it worms its way into everything, even people that have no hollywood aspirations get influenced by the foul pulse. Even folks with modest incomes will be running around with Louis Vuitton bags and driving round in BWMs.

is that more of a LA thing?  i always thought USC was the "rich kid" school; but I live in Texas so i wouldnt know

Towlie

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 02:24:31 AM »
UCLA's facilities are not as nice as other top schools'. Inside, it sort of feels like high school (at least, it was very similar to mine). Plus, the top firms don't hire deep into UCLA's class, meaning if you aren't towards the top, you may kiss that 150G's goodbye (that's alot of added stress!)

Ever

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 03:26:24 AM »

13.The footbal games are played in Pasadena (30 miles away)

And the only game worth seeing is against USC. Well, before they lost to a Big XII team...   ;D

WhatNow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 09:37:24 PM »
i don't want this to turn into a positive thread  ;D but i will say this about ucla:

amazing location- <5 miles from the beach

Yes, except those 5 miles can take you 40 minutes of driving time. 

If you're lucky.

Towlie

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 04:16:56 AM »
i don't want this to turn into a positive thread  ;D but i will say this about ucla:

amazing location- <5 miles from the beach

Yes, except those 5 miles can take you 40 minutes of driving time. 

If you're lucky.

When I was visiting UCLA, it took me over 2 hours to drive 30 miles from my hotel to Disneyland. The next day, when I was on campus, I told a current student that, and she asked what time I left. When I told her 2:30 her and half the class let out a sigh. Apparently, rush hour begins at about 2pm in LA and, ignorant me, had no idea. 

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 03:15:10 PM »
Just got my rejection from UCLA yesterday.  This thread made me feel a bit better...  :-[  Thanks.
Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.