Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: optional diversity essay  (Read 5616 times)

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
Re: optional diversity essay
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 11:31:18 AM »
Don't write the optional statement if you don't have anything optional to say.  After all, if those are your real numbers epicurious, you're probably fine for admissions.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

dgatl

Re: optional diversity essay
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 11:45:28 AM »
that's what i'm worried about, that if you don't write the optional essay, it will show that you lack work ethic or something.  my academic diversity is not that great either.  i suppose some of essays allow you to write about culture or social diversity, but i'd really have to dig deep for that.

i like duke's optional essay:
"Academic essay Keeping in mind that we will have your academic transcripts and LSAT score as some evidence of your intellectual aptitude for law school, you should tell us in this essay more about the intellectual contribution you will make in the classroom and outside. You may choose to write about any subject that has engaged you intellectually but this essay should not be a personal narrative. You might, for example, discuss such subjects as a book you have read that had a profound influence on you; an issue in the current public debate; or an individual who has had an impact on your life."

how charming!

i decided to write a PS about biotechnology and particle science for this PS instead of writing about being a brown person