Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley DING  (Read 18027 times)

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Berkeley DING
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2006, 02:40:21 AM »

I can't wait to hear though... I'm checking my email inbox every half an hour.  :-\

Seriously! hahaha.

steve112sms

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - steve112sms
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2006, 06:51:39 PM »
steve112 - why do you think people received the email in the first place? I received it even though they've had my application since mid-September, so I don't think the reason for the email was a lack of time to review my application. I also have a gut feeling that receiving the email means at least a waitlist or better (I pray it does!). It doesn't make much sense for them to make people wait a few more weeks after sending them the email only to reject them. I think the email is a good sign, but of course I can't prove it...

Well my guess is that they had a group of people either who were borderline and applied early or who were strong candidates  but applied late, who they were still considering for acceptance. Then with the big email mistake and with everyone suddenly calling for decisions, they decided to sent that email out to us so that we would not give up on them and send a deposit to another school while they make the final cut. So, in theory the email is a good sign in that we were not in their immediate reject/waitlist pile, but it doesn't necessarily mean acceptance. It's one of those necessary but not sufficient conditions we all love from the LSAT. The reason I think acceptances will come prior to the 22nd is that the deadline for asking to visit the school is approaching as are seat deposit deadlines. Also, just in general, acceptances seem to precede rejections. Thus, I predict tommorrow through Monday will be acceptances and the rest will be mailed out on the 24th.

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2006, 12:26:05 AM »
Not for nothing but when I called on 02-28, they told me I was not offered a spot in the upcoming class of Fall 2006, however, here we are 03-16 and I have not received my ding letter yet.  Are they going to mail it?!!! If I didn't call over 2 weeks ago I would still be holding on to false hope, so now instead I am wondering where the hell is my ding letter, I applied mid October.  Are they saving postage because I got the decision over the phone?
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2006, 09:39:12 AM »
Not for nothing but when I called on 02-28, they told me I was not offered a spot in the upcoming class of Fall 2006, however, here we are 03-16 and I have not received my ding letter yet.  Are they going to mail it?!!! If I didn't call over 2 weeks ago I would still be holding on to false hope, so now instead I am wondering where the hell is my ding letter, I applied mid October.  Are they saving postage because I got the decision over the phone?

Same situation here. BoalTTT sucks.
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

TheJKo

• Clearly my personal best...
    • View Profile
    • LSN:
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2006, 08:48:03 PM »
Hey All!

I'm def a newbie at LSD, but I've been keeping an eye on this Boalt chat! Anyone care to venture a guess regarding whether the absence of the update e-mail may mean bad news!? Im not expecting to get in with my #s, but it would be a dream come true... :-\

Cheers!
Justin
Yippy Skippy: American, Catholic, Pacific, Temple

We'll See: Indiana, Wisconsin

Argh: GW, GTown, UIUC, BC, GMU

Haven't the Foggiest: UC Davis, Boalt, Penn, HLS (more of a joke than anything), Vandy, WM

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=HndaCivcDX

dahlia5365

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2006, 05:15:54 PM »
dinged.  this was the dream school.  a short-lived dream, i guess.  i called last week after reading some posts that said to try it, and the nice lady on the other end told me apologetically that they couldn't offer me admission at this time.  still haven't gotten the letter though.
yay!: UW, UH Manoa, USF, UC Davis
boo!: Boalt, BU
???: Hastings  (hurry UP!!!)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2006, 01:35:38 PM »
dinged.  this was the dream school.  a short-lived dream, i guess.  i called last week after reading some posts that said to try it, and the nice lady on the other end told me apologetically that they couldn't offer me admission at this time.  still haven't gotten the letter though.

same thing here. it was my dream school. bah.

i think anyone who doesn't hear by the end of this week is a waitlist/ding.

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2006, 07:54:18 PM »
As I just posted here,

Well, I called and asked whether any admission offers were still being made, and the (quite nice) woman on the phone said something like, "A lot of decisions have just been made and are being mailed out through tomorrow" (well, gee, "mailed," that's a great sign) and then offered to check my status.

Rejected.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

pickles light

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2006, 02:59:57 AM »
anybody's ding letter include info in it regarding transfering?  Mine did-

yup, I found that odd.  i got my ding on 4/7/06.