Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley DING  (Read 17695 times)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Berkeley DING
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2006, 04:12:18 PM »
checked the mail today expecting a ding. found nothing.

i am very confused. i live in cali so if dinged i probably should have gotten it today right? but i don't think i'll get an acceptance either because wouldn't they let everyone know by today so they can start planning and RSVP for admitted students day on April 7th (deadline march 17th). so i don't know how to feel right now. but if nothings in the mail tomorrow i will be totally stumped.

I'm confused about the admitted students day, too, as a bunch of us received emails around March 1st saying not to expect a decision until March 22nd or later.  So, what, even if accepted we can't go to the day?  Or at least, can't have our visit funded?   ???

yea i don't know what that means. i'm sure if admitted they would still allow you to come. but does the march 22nd  date mean waitlist? i didn't get that email but i called them a few days after they sent that emil and they said my application is still under review. i am starting to feel like this means i'm gonna be waitlisted.

magnumalv

« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2006, 02:07:54 PM »
ding today via mail.  :-\

magnumalv

« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2006, 02:15:22 PM »

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2006, 06:05:33 PM »
Has anyone who received the "under review until March 22" email been dinged/waitlisted yet?

greenpolo

« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2006, 06:09:43 PM »
I'd like to know this too...I am anxiously waiting!

Crane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2006, 07:10:42 PM »
OOOUUUTTTTT!

steve112sms

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - steve112sms
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »
Has anyone who received the "under review until March 22" email been dinged/waitlisted yet?

I would bet big money that the answer to that is "no" otherwise I don't know what the point of that email would have been. My guess is that acceptances from that group will start coming out later this week (my guess is Wednesday) and that the dings/waitlists from that group will be mailed out not long after the 22nd.

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2006, 10:36:20 PM »
yale college, earlier in this thread when you were predicting that berkeley was gonna be your first ding... was that prediction based on your expecting that they will be yield protecting or because you didnt think your application for berkeley was that strong?

1. I knew that they cared more about GPA than LSAT, and my GPA isn't so high.
2. I also suspected yield-protecting because of my LSAT and soft factors.
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

greenpolo

« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2006, 11:07:19 PM »
steve112 - why do you think people received the email in the first place? I received it even though they've had my application since mid-September, so I don't think the reason for the email was a lack of time to review my application. I also have a gut feeling that receiving the email means at least a waitlist or better (I pray it does!). It doesn't make much sense for them to make people wait a few more weeks after sending them the email only to reject them. I think the email is a good sign, but of course I can't prove it...

RallyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2006, 12:43:11 AM »
steve112 - why do you think people received the email in the first place? I received it even though they've had my application since mid-September, so I don't think the reason for the email was a lack of time to review my application. I also have a gut feeling that receiving the email means at least a waitlist or better (I pray it does!). It doesn't make much sense for them to make people wait a few more weeks after sending them the email only to reject them. I think the email is a good sign, but of course I can't prove it...

I got the email as well. I'm cautiously optimistic. I think the people who got the email were neither accepted nor dinged during the initial screening process, and were sent to a faculty committee for further review. I would imagine that applications sent to the faculty committee have a decent shot of acceptance.

I can't wait to hear though... I'm checking my email inbox every half an hour.  :-\