Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley DING  (Read 18696 times)

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Berkeley DING
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 03:53:24 PM »
Did you call the J.D. admissions number?

snikrep

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 03:54:08 PM »
Since they normally notify admittances with a call/email, I doubt anybody will find out good news by calling them if we haven't heard anything.

The most you could hope for is no news or a waitlist - but I'm glad to get the ding over with, I don't like waiting.

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 03:58:12 PM »
D*mn!  I just called AGAIN, had them ask me my name/last 4 digits, and STILL the answer was "decision letters will be mailed out next week."  I should keep trying until a male answers, based on previous poster. :P

kiyakoiya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 04:00:07 PM »
talula, that probably means something i won't jinx right now.

jeb240

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »
talula, that probably means something i won't jinx right now.

That's what I'm thinking.

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 04:04:18 PM »
You think it means something GOOD?  I highly doubt it because they notify people as they're admitted it seems.  Just the denials/waitlists seem to be taking forever.  I don't think I'd leave the east coast honestly but I really don't think it's going to be an option.  I don't see why they'd give bad news but not good news over the phone?

It's really rare for admissions to give any decisions that are negative (or even positive) over the phone.  Weird.

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 04:14:20 PM »
Since they normally notify admittances with a call/email, I doubt anybody will find out good news by calling them if we haven't heard anything.

The most you could hope for is no news or a waitlist - but I'm glad to get the ding over with, I don't like waiting.
Berkeley Ding baby! Cal was my top choice, but more for the location then anything. Maybe that and the African American Law Review Journal. 
There's no homework in Law School

snikrep

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 04:15:37 PM »
The number I called is: 510-642-2274 (the Admissions office number from their website)

The first couple times it went to a recording which basically means they're busy.  I kept trying, eventually got a nice sounding man who gave me some not very nice news... sort of like a gentle doctor telling you that he's going to have to amputate your foot.

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 04:21:59 PM »
That's the number I called.  I'm almost 100$ sure I was denied based on who they admit.  Oh well.  Hopefully, the letter will come soon . ..

maddhopps

• View Profile
    • LSN --> maddhopps
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 04:35:56 PM »
This guy seems cool.  Maybe I'll call just to chat.  He'll ask for the last 4 digits of my SS, and I'll ask who he thinks the Texans will draft in April.
GPA: 3.78
LSAT: 166

Swish!!: UHouston($$), SMU($$$), UTexas
Briiiiick: Boalt, UMich(WL)