Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley DING  (Read 18056 times)

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Berkeley DING
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 02:55:19 PM »
They were really nice when I called them.  

I'm sure they were bothered by it and I do feel bad, but I was bothered by not hearing for 4 months.  I know they work as hard as they can and they have a tough job and are in unenviable positions but the way I see it, if enough people call and ask for a decision then maybe they will learn to send out rejections when they are actually decided.  

They were really nice and I'm sure it pained the woman to tell me.  They also said they were sending the letter next week. 

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 02:57:17 PM »
i really want to call! but im at work  :-\

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 03:02:56 PM »
Thanks Jason! I read your LSN profile and you gave me the courage to call.  Ding.
It was a reach for me, but it's a relief to finally have an answer.

FYI - they were really nice when you call to check the status and she actually asked me if I wanted to know the decision.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 03:04:25 PM »
thats it! im calling on my lunch break... one long hour to go

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »
i just called and all they said was "decisions will be made and mailed out in the next two weeks."  i wasn't sure how to press the issue of finding out ahead of time and they didn't ask for any of my info.  I'm almost 100% sure it's a no and I think I want to stay on the east coast anyways but I wish they'd told me.  >:(

jeb240

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 03:13:52 PM »
i just called and all they said was "decisions will be made and mailed out in the next two weeks."  i wasn't sure how to press the issue of finding out ahead of time and they didn't ask for any of my info.  I'm almost 100% sure it's a no and I think I want to stay on the east coast anyways but I wish they'd told me.  >:(

I wonder if they've gotten too many calls and have decided to stop telling people.

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 03:15:27 PM »
i wonder if they gave decisions to the first few callers and then got irritated and decided to not do it anymore. darn darn darn!

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 03:16:37 PM »
I bet that's what happened.  Someone was like "hey, who is giving decisions over the phone? STOP IT."  Oh well. I can get the rejection in a few weeks.  :P

jeb240

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »
Between the email debacle and this today, I bet Berkeley is really starting to hate LSD.

I'm actually willing to bet that the whole law school community hates LSD.

snikrep

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 03:42:56 PM »
I just called (around 12:30PM PST) - asked to check application status, the guy said sure, told him my name and last 4 digits of my SS, and he said that, "Applications had been sent to review a while back and the decisions have just been released, and I'm sorry to tell you that yours has been denied."  I didn't have to push or anything.

He didn't sound peeved at all about my call, he was actually very nice :P.  So go ahead and call if you got the guts!!  I'm glad to get all this waiting over with so I can make a decision as far as what I want to do.