Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley DING  (Read 18855 times)

lww02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Berkeley DING
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2006, 06:54:55 PM »
Yay, I can now join the club of those who've called and gotten dinged! 

You know what?  Despite the fact that Boalt was my unofficial first choice, I'm really glad I called and got the answer on my terms rather than waiting around and agonizing until next week.  I hadn't wanted to call yesterday, what with the apparent barrage that was going on.  But then LSN today showed people with numbers around and higher than my own getting dings, and I figured that it was becoming crazy to sit around for the next week, hoping that the acceptance email would pop up in my inbox at any moment, or at least before I got the call from my mom that a small envelope had arrived in the mail.

Therefore, for anyone agonizing, I heartily recommend giving them a call.  Even though I am certainly disappointed with the outcome, I also feel like a huge burden's been lifted and I'm now looking forward to better exploring my other options.

My thoughts exactally!! I got my grieving out of the way last night, then called the coroner today to confirm. time of death, around noon.  now, about ucla...
LSN lww02

Superlax

• Booyakasha.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2006, 06:58:46 PM »
I've heard that the Adcomms HATE HATE HATE when applicants call asking for decisions. One of my undergraduate schools I applied to rejected me -- and I swear it was because I kept calling them to check for a decision over the phone.

I have heard other people echo this, for what it's worth.

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2006, 07:18:38 PM »
I don't think calling once is going to cause a rejection, however, if one person persistently calls, then perhaps, that person could become annoying very quickly.
Furthermore, people have had their apps in for over four months with not so much as a word other than a complete email.  They are lucky we have LSD and LSN, because if it wasn't for the fact that I knew I was not the only one who did not hear anything, not only would I have called months ago, but probably half the applicants would have too.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2006, 08:00:33 PM »
I've heard that the Adcomms HATE HATE HATE when applicants call asking for decisions. One of my undergraduate schools I applied to rejected me -- and I swear it was because I kept calling them to check for a decision over the phone.

I have heard other people echo this, for what it's worth.

I agree - I know the admissions office doesn't appreciate tons of calls but I don't think they are going to flag your application for just one call.

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2006, 11:28:29 PM »
I think normally adcomms get really annoyed, but I think Berkeley feels bad about the whole e-mail fiasco and taking so long, that they are cool with it.  If they weren't they wouldn't give anyone a decision over the phone and just say "your file is under review and a decision will be made shortly"...but they had to know that by giving out decisions, people were going to keep calling.

I am not going to call though, cause I don't feel like bothering them just to hear a rejection....If i don't hear by next week, i'll give them a buzz.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

mdashwood

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2006, 03:15:49 AM »
Yay, I can now join the club of those who've called and gotten dinged! 

You know what?  Despite the fact that Boalt was my unofficial first choice, I'm really glad I called and got the answer on my terms rather than waiting around and agonizing until next week.  I hadn't wanted to call yesterday, what with the apparent barrage that was going on.  But then LSN today showed people with numbers around and higher than my own getting dings, and I figured that it was becoming crazy to sit around for the next week, hoping that the acceptance email would pop up in my inbox at any moment, or at least before I got the call from my mom that a small envelope had arrived in the mail.

Therefore, for anyone agonizing, I heartily recommend giving them a call.  Even though I am certainly disappointed with the outcome, I also feel like a huge burden's been lifted and I'm now looking forward to better exploring my other options.

My thoughts exactally!! I got my grieving out of the way last night, then called the coroner today to confirm. time of death, around noon.  now, about ucla...

Hey, we're completely twins!  By "other options," I meant UCLA!  A couple of other possibilities still in the works, but right now, it's far and away the frontrunner.  Cool  8)
In: UCLA!, Vandy, UCDavis, ND, I-UC, GM
Out: Boalt (Cal sucks! :P)
WL: UVA, Northwestern, Georgetown
Hurry Uuup!: Duke, NYU

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2006, 02:05:58 PM »
Thirded, on the not wanting to wait for the death knell even though it was my top choice...also waiting on UCLA (what is their deal?!) but seriously considering USC otherwise.

mjca83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »
Just called Berkeley and received my expected rejection.  I was just ready to get this over with.   Feel much better !!

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2006, 08:01:42 PM »
I just called, and, yes, I'm OUT at Boalt.
I just asked whether a decision had been reached, and the guy said "I'm sorry to inform you that it was a deny decision."

I thought about saying something sour and snipey, but I said a polite "okay, thanks!" instead.
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

colombiandude1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »
why do you give a fvck you are in at harvard and columbia with money - cmon - what else can you ask for - it was yp i amalmost sure of it