Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley DING  (Read 18689 times)

maddhopps

• View Profile
    • LSN --> maddhopps
Re: Berkeley DING
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 02:52:25 PM »
Add me to the Ding-list.   :(

Glad I called and got it over with.
GPA: 3.78
LSAT: 166

Swish!!: UHouston($$), SMU($$$), UTexas
Briiiiick: Boalt, UMich(WL)

kat213

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 03:02:26 PM »
People who called and got an answer - did you have to ask for one after they told you a decision had been made or did they just tell you?

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 03:04:15 PM »
People who called and got an answer - did you have to ask for one after they told you a decision had been made or did they just tell you?

The person said it would be mailed next week - so I said, "That means it's a rejection then? And she gave the unable to offer a spot line."

snikrep

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »

They just told me - depends on the person you talk to I think.

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 03:05:19 PM »
Ding...has anyone who called been admitted?

Sad sad sad.  :'(

I had to ask whether they could possibly tell me the decision after the woman said that the decision had been made.

CBGB

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2006, 03:36:01 PM »
Ding...has anyone who called been admitted?

It does seem odd that we haven't heard of a single person who called and wasn't rejected (other than Jason's waitlist). Not one person who has been admitted, that seems kind of strange. I haven't bothered calling them because I don't like the odds right now.

mdashwood

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2006, 04:33:24 PM »
Yay, I can now join the club of those who've called and gotten dinged! 

You know what?  Despite the fact that Boalt was my unofficial first choice, I'm really glad I called and got the answer on my terms rather than waiting around and agonizing until next week.  I hadn't wanted to call yesterday, what with the apparent barrage that was going on.  But then LSN today showed people with numbers around and higher than my own getting dings, and I figured that it was becoming crazy to sit around for the next week, hoping that the acceptance email would pop up in my inbox at any moment, or at least before I got the call from my mom that a small envelope had arrived in the mail.

Therefore, for anyone agonizing, I heartily recommend giving them a call.  Even though I am certainly disappointed with the outcome, I also feel like a huge burden's been lifted and I'm now looking forward to better exploring my other options.
In: UCLA!, Vandy, UCDavis, ND, I-UC, GM
Out: Boalt (Cal sucks! :P)
WL: UVA, Northwestern, Georgetown
Hurry Uuup!: Duke, NYU

steve112sms

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - steve112sms
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006, 04:38:28 PM »
Dear callers,

This afternoon I recieved an email from Boalt admissions which told me my application had been selected for further review and thanked me for my patience. Of course, upon initially seeing the email in my box, I thought I was accepted. I can only assume this email went out to stop people from calling. So, thanks to all of you for indirectly getting my hopes up this afternoon.

Sincerely,
Steve

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2006, 04:40:26 PM »
that's very interesting... selected for further review. i got no email but was told on the phone that it was still under review... wonder what that means that they 'selected' and application for more review.

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2006, 04:46:36 PM »
Dear callers,

This afternoon I recieved an email from Boalt admissions which told me my application had been selected for further review and thanked me for my patience. Of course, upon initially seeing the email in my box, I thought I was accepted. I can only assume this email went out to stop people from calling. So, thanks to all of you for indirectly getting my hopes up this afternoon.

Sincerely,
Steve

Sounds like a hold/deferral.

i got no email but was told on the phone that it was still under review...

Sounds like your app is just still pending.
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie