Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley DING  (Read 18789 times)

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: Berkeley DING
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »
I called. I have never heard a more dreary and depressing sounding secretary! you could tell theyve been getting a ton of calls. She said my application is still under review. i would almost rather just hear the rejection so i can eliminate it from my plans

FingersCrossed97

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 04:39:02 PM »
Just called a minute ago.  Spoke with a women after just a few rings, she didn't sound thrilled about my call.  I was told my "application is still under review".  I only submitted it in mid-December so I guess I'm not shocked.  I'm still sort of expecting a rejection though.

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 04:39:47 PM »
I'm sure I spoke to the same woman.  She did not sound happy.  I want to call again and get someone else but I don't want to press my luck.  Just deny me already! ARGH.

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 04:44:56 PM »
Just called a minute ago.  Spoke with a women after just a few rings, she didn't sound thrilled about my call.  I was told my "application is still under review".  I only submitted it in mid-December so I guess I'm not shocked.  I'm still sort of expecting a rejection though.

maybe it's not the timing. maybe we are boarderline so theyre still thinking about it. you are like my numbers twin so maybe we are both still under review because we actually have a chance! (praying)

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 04:50:25 PM »
Just called a minute ago.  Spoke with a women after just a few rings, she didn't sound thrilled about my call.  I was told my "application is still under review".  I only submitted it in mid-December so I guess I'm not shocked.  I'm still sort of expecting a rejection though.

It's pretty funny that this is happenign to them, but they desrve to be hounded after what they did... now that I'm out I can go back to hating Cal!
There's no homework in Law School

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 04:56:20 PM »
They did tell me a decision was made and I'd be getting a letter in a week or so.  I'm pretty sure that means denial!

FingersCrossed97

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 04:59:07 PM »

maybe it's not the timing. maybe we are boarderline so theyre still thinking about it. you are like my numbers twin so maybe we are both still under review because we actually have a chance! (praying)

I hope so Wow...I haven't been accepted anywhere yet and I'm only waiting on 6 (4 of them realistic) decisions.

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 05:00:52 PM »
I just looked at your LSN. No safeties huh? why not?

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 05:08:26 PM »
The woman I spoke to tried to say a letter would go out next week too!  But I pushed and she said they were unable to offer me a space for Fall 06 :D

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 05:16:11 PM »
omg. so that probably means everyone they told to wait for their letters got dinged! i wonder if they could be hiding decisions as well with the people they told were still under review.