Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley DING  (Read 18210 times)

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Berkeley DING
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:05:48 PM »
A lot of people seem to be talking about Berkeley rejects.  Well they don't mail out rejection letters as soon as they know they are going to get rejected. I'm not sure if other schools do this as well. 

Well I got sick of waiting and kept on reading threads about Boalt and all that fun stuff.  So I just called them.  I am planning on sending a letter of continued interest/update letter to a school that I am waitlisted for and I figured that perhaps I could send one to Boalt as well if they hadn't decided my application yet. 

I spoke to a woman and told her this.  I was informed my application had been decided already and she asked me if I wanted to be informed of my decision. (I wonder if anyone would say no?) So I was rejected unfortunately. 

Someone comfort me hahah. 

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Berkeley DING
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 02:07:24 PM »
A lot of people seem to be talking about Berkeley rejects.  Well they don't mail out rejection letters as soon as they know they are going to get rejected. I'm not sure if other schools do this as well. 

Well I got sick of waiting and kept on reading threads about Boalt and all that fun stuff.  So I just called them.  I am planning on sending a letter of continued interest/update letter to a school that I am waitlisted for and I figured that perhaps I could send one to Boalt as well if they hadn't decided my application yet. 

I spoke to a woman and told her this.  I was informed my application had been decided already and she asked me if I wanted to be informed of my decision. (I wonder if anyone would say no?) So I was rejected unfortunately. 

Someone comfort me hahah. 

What is the point of them not sending out rejections?  If they already know then why can't they let us know?

Sorry about your ding..

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 02:16:47 PM »
i wish i was brave enough to call. i really want to know.

jeb240

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 02:24:35 PM »
OMG.  OMG.  I can barely resist calling.  But I'm afraid we're all going to start calling which will only bother them.

It would be my first ding of the season -- I've gotten so comfortable with my acceptances and deferrals...

themoose

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 02:28:37 PM »
that sucks so much- why not just send them?
  i e-mailed yesterday and was told a decision had not yet been made on my application but i should hear "soon"- so I guess they are still reviewing some apps. frustrating. argh.

jeb240

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 02:29:54 PM »
Waitlisted.

So it goes.  Better than a rejection, I suppose.  I didn't want to ask why they don't send out rejections sooner because I think that question needs to be asked by an admitted applicant, if anyone wants to try.

shoppingaddict

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 02:37:15 PM »
just called too. dingdingding!
 that was a pretty awkward conversation.
Cardozo '09

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 02:45:15 PM »
Waitlisted.

So it goes.  Better than a rejection, I suppose.  I didn't want to ask why they don't send out rejections sooner because I think that question needs to be asked by an admitted applicant, if anyone wants to try.

Sorry Jason :(  BTW, it's listed as an acceptance in your signature (unless I'm reading it wrong?)
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

talula8828

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 02:48:47 PM »
Did you just ask for your decision or did you offer to send some other info if they hadn't made a decision yet?  Just curious if they were comfortable with someone asking straight off.  I'm expecting a denial but I'd pretty much like to know so I can eliminate it.

jeb240

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 02:53:57 PM »
Waitlisted.

Sorry Jason :(  BTW, it's listed as an acceptance in your signature (unless I'm reading it wrong?)

Ha!  Look at that.  How embarassing.  It's like when you wave at someone who you think is waving at you but really they weren't.