Law School Discussion

Buying a Notebook Computer for Law School? The Q and A thread

flyaway

• View Profile
Re: Buying a Notebook Computer for Law School? The Q and A thread
« Reply #770 on: May 06, 2007, 11:19:35 AM »
I believe Michigan, for example, is specifically telling new students NOT to get Vista.

Ravynous Elegance

• aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 06, 2007, 11:49:48 AM »
I emailed a bunch of schools about Vista, since I use it too, and all of them said it shouldnt be problematic.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 06, 2007, 05:52:02 PM »
Dell is going to be offering Ubuntu!

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 06, 2007, 06:11:14 PM »
I believe Michigan, for example, is specifically telling new students NOT to get Vista.

Same with USC. Vista makes me mad - it is so trying to copy mac, it's not even funny.

« Reply #774 on: May 06, 2007, 06:41:19 PM »

Same with USC. Vista makes me mad - it is so trying to copy mac, it's not even funny.

Soon the Microsoft people will be mad when they find out that Max OS X Leopard is even better than Vista. It's good to leave copy cats in the dust.  8)

h2xblive

« Reply #775 on: May 06, 2007, 06:59:31 PM »

Soon the Microsoft people will be mad when they find out that Max OS X Leopard is even better than Vista. It's good to leave copy cats in the dust.  8)

We have to wait an extra few months for Leopard, though... >:(

« Reply #776 on: May 06, 2007, 07:03:43 PM »

No, it will likely come out in early June during the developers conference. That's only one month from now. I've been telling my family to hold off their computer purchases until the new OS comes out. It will likely include new computers as well.

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

« Reply #777 on: May 06, 2007, 07:16:51 PM »

No, it will likely come out in early June during the developers conference. That's only one month from now. I've been telling my family to hold off their computer purchases until the new OS comes out. It will likely include new computers as well.

You think leopard will be out in June?  The mac site says Oct...it'd be really great if it came out in June and I could get the mac and not worry about boot camp being in beta on tiger for CLS.

« Reply #778 on: May 06, 2007, 07:23:13 PM »
I don't know that much about computers and am wondering why schools aren't ready for Vista.  What is the difference between that and XP that schools can't handle it.

« Reply #779 on: May 06, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

You think leopard will be out in June?  The mac site says Oct...it'd be really great if it came out in June and I could get the mac and not worry about boot camp being in beta on tiger for CLS.

I read on their site that it will come out in late Spring. Early June is late Spring so that fits the bill. Where does it say on the Apple website that the new OS will come out in October? Did they move the date up?