Law School Discussion

Progress in Iraq: would killing or capturing al Zarqawi be prudent?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
this under-achiever has been a leading "global guerrilla" not a "crescenting guerrilla" perhaps he is "a pseudo-crescenting guerrilla" in iraq...murdering americans and iraqis alike.

would that be a step in the right direction?

would it quell some of the "nay sayers"?

any thoughts?

pass36

• But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Progress in Iraq: would killing or capturing al Zarqawi be prudent?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 12:35:14 AM »
B.W. I saw part of some really crappy movie with Bruce Willis the other night.  I know that doesn't narrow it down much, but it doesn't matter.  The point is they were confronted with an evil enemy.  So they fired some huge bombs at this big fiery demon or whatever it was.  And what happened?  It got bigger and more evil.

Then I changed the channel and watched South Park.  But I learned something.  Sometimes when you try to use evil against itself it infects you instead.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 12:49:19 AM »
B.W. I saw part of some really crappy movie with Bruce Willis the other night.  I know that doesn't narrow it down much, but it doesn't matter.  The point is they were confronted with an evil enemy.  So they fired some huge bombs at this big fiery demon or whatever it was.  And what happened?  It got bigger and more evil.

Then I changed the channel and watched South Park.  But I learned something.  Sometimes when you try to use evil against itself it infects you instead.

pass...

aye am happy you learned something...

now you see why aye believe that hussein should have been taken out when he invaded quwait...

perhaps you understand why aye think the kurds should have a say in their own affairs.

now you might understand that "evil" is an archaic term to some folk.

do you also understand that one effective way to capture a "wanted criminal" is to send him a letter which states that he won some money and that he should come to a specific location at a time and a date...when he comes to claim it "he is caught."...it works...it will continue to work.

aye am sure you are sage enough to understand this.

pass36

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 12:56:33 AM »
Well, I think there is already a huge reward for Zarqawi, so I am not sure how much more room is left for appeals to greed, but I like the way you think.  But if death/capture of Zarqawi is handled in a way that poisons the minds of five other passionate young Iraqis, and their death poisons two friends, and so on, then war is only over when Iraq is like end of Romeo and Juliet and stage is strewn with corpses.

pass36

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 01:38:00 AM »
Maybe.  I have never bought anything from Amway, but sad desperate people with dirty cardboard cases of cleaning products still knock on my door.  I have never joined the Jehovah's Witness's, but they still drop by.  So do the Mormons.  In fact, of the three, it's hard to say where I should start the killin'

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 01:43:08 AM »
blue warrior do u know why iraq and kuwait went to war in the first place. kuwait was using a verticle drill to steal oil from iraq. iraq had every right to attack kuwait. the truth is america was right for stepping in because iraq could not be allowed to control all the oil of kuwait and iraq combined. as far as justification goes kuwait had it. Iraq had alot more right to attack kuwait than we had to attack iraq. I have found that most people havent really studied the gulf war for some reason. I dont think we should have taken S out of power during the gulf war. Im still not convinced it was the united states place to take him out this time. we have a horrible track record with toppling governments. we should learn our lesson. if it wasnt for us iran would be a thriving democracy right now. i dont think any historian dispute that fact.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 11:36:20 PM »
Maybe.  I have never bought anything from Amway, but sad desperate people with dirty cardboard cases of cleaning products still knock on my door.  I have never joined the Jehovah's Witness's, but they still drop by.  So do the Mormons.  In fact, of the three, it's hard to say where I should start the killin'

it is a slow crawling pace to recovery after a dictator is removed. you must have patience...but the "crescenting guerrillas" from other countries who are in iraq must be addressed, dealt with and/or shipped out.

maybe is correct.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 12:35:51 AM »
blue warrior do u know why iraq and kuwait went to war in the first place. kuwait was using a verticle drill to steal oil from iraq. iraq had every right to attack kuwait. the truth is america was right for stepping in because iraq could not be allowed to control all the oil of kuwait and iraq combined. as far as justification goes kuwait had it. Iraq had alot more right to attack kuwait than we had to attack iraq. I have found that most people havent really studied the gulf war for some reason. I dont think we should have taken S out of power during the gulf war. Im still not convinced it was the united states place to take him out this time. we have a horrible track record with toppling governments. we should learn our lesson. if it wasnt for us iran would be a thriving democracy right now. i dont think any historian dispute that fact.

Come on…hussein should have been taken out the first time…that supposed move was a backdoor way through rumalia that quwait could get its money back from iraq for the loan it gave to iraq to assist the "womens and orphans" funds...hussein’s expensive houseware and houseware items...and the war with iran...which hurt iraq and ended up as a physical stalemate...quwait refused to waive the loan...and the hussein regime saw that “drilling” as the straw on the camel’s back...

but invade quwait???

iraq was just itching for a reason to grab what was once thought part of the old- school geographical carvings...

by over producing oil...quwait, flooded the markets...causing a sharp decline in crude oil prices...when oil prices went down it destroyed the already war-torn iraqi economy...it was the little thorn the british and t.e.lawrence put in the side of the mesopoetamian region.

but invade quwait???

this guy was not on the same page as, for instance… castro...as far as dictators are concerned...hussein  annihilated many kurdish tribesmen and tribeswomen...the kurds,  ostensibly could manage a fantastic region of northern iraq if they had not a dictator and an oppressive regime killing them...

do you think the usa would at least attempt to take out castro completely if he acted in the same manner? that is a loaded question...but...

perhaps some good can come in time...a toppled government is tricky...so we must tread lightly...as for the area of northern iraq aye have high hopes...let these people have some real power.

Fidelio

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 03:33:40 PM »

Come on…hussein should have been taken out the first time…that supposed move was a backdoor way through rumalia that quwait could get its money back from iraq for the loan it gave to iraq to assist the "womens and orphans" funds...hussein’s expensive houseware and houseware items...and the war with iran...which hurt iraq and ended up as a physical stalemate...quwait refused to waive the loan...and the hussein regime saw that “drilling” as the straw on the camel’s back...

but invade quwait???

iraq was just itching for a reason to grab what was once thought part of the old- school geographical carvings...

by over producing oil...quwait, flooded the markets...causing a sharp decline in crude oil prices...when oil prices went down it destroyed the already war-torn iraqi economy...it was the little thorn the british and t.e.lawrence put in the side of the mesopoetamian region.

but invade quwait???

this guy was not on the same page as, for instance… castro...as far as dictators are concerned...hussein  annihilated many kurdish tribesmen and tribeswomen...the kurds,  ostensibly could manage a fantastic region of northern iraq if they had not a dictator and an oppressive regime killing them...

do you think the usa would at least attempt to take out castro completely if he acted in the same manner? that is a loaded question...but...

perhaps some good can come in time...a toppled government is tricky...so we must tread lightly...as for the area of northern iraq aye have high hopes...let these people have some real power.

Hey Bluewarrior,

I agree Saddam Hussein, should have been taken out in the first place.  His marauding approach with the Kurds is one of many examples of his oppressive style rule.

As far as Zarqawi is concerned, I believe that even if he is captured or killed there are many more of him out there.  Given the increased strife and insurgency, the longer we are there, there more Zarqawis will be spawned. 

orsvr......

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 11:58:38 PM »
true..."crescenting guerrillas" can go on and on...a change from within must occur.

but for now...if he and his group are removed by iraqi's it will be of help...not hurt...one bad man at a time.

es nstslsyiji...