Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist  (Read 18841 times)

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:06 AM »
I just got off the WL of G-town too. Since I still got WLed at Harvard, Columbia, Upenn, I don't know what to choose... ::) Any suggestions?

Did you also get the email from Dean Cornblatt? And how much time did they give you to put down a deposit?

Yes, I did, and the deadline is May 9th, which is impossible for me to comply, because I live in China, even if I send out  the deposit today, it would still require 15 days to reach America, and I haven't offcially recieve the "letter" yet, and have no idea if it's binding or not. I've send out a letter asking for an extention, hoping that could provide some breathing time for me.  ::)

My dilemma is:Should I keep waiting on the big H, Columbia, or Upenn?What should I do? Anyone any suggestions? It would be really helpful, thanks!

Would you go to G-town if none of the other three happened? If you would I would go ahead and pay the deposit. Then ask yourself which one of the three you would be willing to lose money for which prob will happen if you get off the waitlist really late. If all three, then stay on all three. I personally chose two waitlists that I was willing to wait well into the summer for.

There seems to be no kind of order to how they are pulling off the waitlists. Maybe we won't hear anything else until after May 9th since that is the deposit date. I know I really hope to hear from them soon.

tylersd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »
I got in yesterday off the reg waitlist. I had sent in an extra LOR and responded positively a week ago to an email asking if I was still interested. I'm pumped about it but still waiting on some others
WL: columbia, upenn, mich, georgetown, ucla
in: gw, fordham, bu

abbygal0330

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
Does anyone think they'll take more people today?
Harvard Law 2011

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »
Does anyone think they'll take more people today?

Maybe but I also have a hunch that,their promising an update by 5/15 is so they can wait and see who commits by the 5/8 deadline and then do a second wave.
(Just Adding Another Notch)

qwertyman

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2008, 09:30:20 PM »
I requested an extension to hear back from financial aid. They gave me an extension from the 9th...

All the way to the 12th. Haha, thanks guys.

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 12:12:22 PM »
Has anyone heard anything since the e-mail went out about hearing something by the 15th?

dekocards

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • stats
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »
I requested an extension to hear back from financial aid. They gave me an extension from the 9th...

All the way to the 12th. Haha, thanks guys.

Did you get the formal letter in the mail yet?  If so, did it include anything about financial aid?