Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist  (Read 18876 times)

vivarin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2006, 04:39:35 PM »
I just found out I am on the "preferred waitlist" but I'll be withdrawing...

Hooray!  This will only help my chances (I'm on the preferred WL).  Honestly, what do you think ones chances are if he's on this list?

kiyakoiya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2006, 04:56:51 PM »
I think they're pretty good.  From this board alone, it seems like LOTS of people will be withdrawing (including me - from the priority waitlist, though I haven't just yet).

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2006, 05:45:58 PM »
I really really want to get off the WL, so all y'all who are thinking about withdrawing, go ahead and withdraw, k? :)

I would guess that no one will get off the WL until after seat deposit time, right? I've never been on a WL before, so I don't really understand the process...
UVA '09

mdashwood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006, 05:46:48 PM »
I really really want to get off the WL, so all y'all who are thinking about withdrawing, go ahead and withdraw, k? :)

I would guess that no one will get off the WL until after seat deposit time, right? I've never been on a WL before, so I don't really understand the process...

I just withdrew from GULC's preferred WL a couple of hours ago.  I'm also on UVA's p.WL.  Wanna trade it to me?  ;)
In: UCLA!, Vandy, UCDavis, ND, I-UC, GM
Out: Boalt (Cal sucks! :P)
WL: UVA, Northwestern, Georgetown
Hurry Uuup!: Duke, NYU

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 10:01:24 AM »
hm, interesting trade offer ;)

but, thanks for withdrawing, I'm sending a letter of continued interest today, fingers crossed!
UVA '09

svc2w

• View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=svc2w
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2006, 05:15:30 PM »
I too am on the Preferred Waitlist.  I got into UVa, where I would love to go, but still I would like Gtown to be a choice.  Does anyone know if they'll be letting people in before our first deposits are due (end of April)?  I know a lot of people send in multiple deposits but this law school app thing has me broke, and I would rather send in only one.
Win: Virginia, Tennessee($$), William and Mary ($$), Texas, Emory
Tie: Georgetown, Northwestern
In Overtime: Boston U, Boston C, Columbia, Penn, Vanderbilt, UNC, Boalt, USC

DOJoGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2006, 09:01:29 AM »
I called GULC yesterday to see what the deal was with the Priority Waitlist.  The lady was very helpful and said that they will review WL apps in May, after first deposits are due and they get a better idea of how their class is shaping up.  She said that in the past, a couple hundred people were on the Priority Waitlist.  I seem to recall that she also said about 50+ spots usually opened up.

TheGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Seems simple enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2006, 09:42:05 AM »
PWL'ed yesterday.  Amazing turnaround considering I applied in early Feb. and didn't go complete until February 20th. 
With all the people here on LSD planning to withdraw I figure I've got a good sporting chance.  Applicants are down this year so I think there will be a mad scramble after those first deposits are due. 
So here's another little log for the fire -  Did anyone else apply to both PT and FT and get put on the PWL?  Is it the same waitlist for both PT and FT, and does this mean they are now only considering me for a Full Time spot?

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »
I applied to FT and PT, and called to check on exactly that... I was on the PWL, too.
She said that it is WL for both and that if anything opened up in either section, those of us on the WL would be considered for it.
good luck!!
UVA '09

ashke14

• AOL Instant Messenger - Kalenedral14
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2006, 05:27:35 PM »
Regarding the theory that there may be tiers within the preferred waitlist, there's a thread in the main admissions board that seems to confirm this.  Just FYI.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,58476.0.html