Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist  (Read 18945 times)

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »
I was just looking at it, and you were a "direct" waitlist.  I was deferred, then waitlisted.  Maybe they feel that they already gave us our opportunity to submit additional materials durring the deferral.

True, but they also seemed to imply that additional materials were not welcome in that stage of the process. I've sent addenda to Penn and Harvard, but G-town got the donut.

Not sure how I'm going to handle things now.

joespecial

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 10:23:07 PM »
The letter says to direct correspondence to Sophia Sim, Director of Admissions. There's an email address specifically set up for the waiting list that it instructs us to use to confirm our interest in remaining on the list and informing GULC of important dates. I sent an email confirming my interest and asking some questions about supplementary materials, but have yet to hear a reply. I'll post on this thread when I hear back.

Good luck to all PWLers, especially my fellow splitters!  ;)

I'm also PWL at GULC.  Also a splitter.  Interestingly, my letter says nothing of Sophia Sim, nor of a special waitling list e-mail.  It merely says that they will contact me again in May, and provides an e-mail address for my withdrawl.

same here...I was worried when I first read that post since I haven't contacted GULC since then, maybe we got a different letter because we were in the first batch of those WLed (I was EA, got the decision in December I think)?

Yeah I got PWL'd during EA and the letter said nothing of any Sophia Sim.

nmb238

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 01:48:19 AM »
Just noticed that acc to LSAC data, Gtown admits around 2100 students a year (and only 450 matriculate... wow).

Acc to LSN, roughly 400 people have been admitted. Assuming LSN is only 1/4 of the population, youve got a whole bunch of spaces still open- not to mention plenty of room for waitlist action.

just thought it should be mentioned. im still waiting for ANY word. theyre driving me crazy.

~n
NYU06
PennLaw09

RIP Admissions Cycle
11.22.05 - 5.22.06

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 05:53:10 PM »
Update: According to Admissions, there is an additional group within the PWL that are "the first to know" when a spot opens up. This may help explain the variation in info on the letters.
GULC '09

glider

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 12:49:32 AM »
Hi! Everyone!
"informing GULC of important dates"...
What do they mean by "important dates"? The dates we are required to accept/decline offers from other schools?
Thanks!

splitsky

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 11:52:30 AM »
I am on the regular waitlist,  :-[ anybody have any idea what the chances are of getting in from regular?
In: W&L, American
Maybe: Umich, Gtown, GW, BU, Upenn, UVA, Northwestern
Out: Chicago
Pass: Fordham

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=mahaist

WinnieCooper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 12:02:46 PM »
Update: According to Admissions, there is an additional group within the PWL that are "the first to know" when a spot opens up. This may help explain the variation in info on the letters.

So which letter do the "first to know" people get?  The Sophia Sim one, or the other one?  I got the other one, but it still said to inform them of important dates.  Just no mention of Sophia Sim.

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »
I can't say for sure, as I'm not the one sending the letters. Mine mentions a "select group" of some kind, but I can't speak for anyone else.
GULC '09

WinnieCooper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 01:21:24 PM »
I can't say for sure, as I'm not the one sending the letters. Mine mentions a "select group" of some kind, but I can't speak for anyone else.

Right, I think everyone's mentions that they were in a very select pool of applicants the committee wants to admit, but doesn't know if they will have the space for.  I don't have my letter in front of me, but I know it said something to that effect.

We are probably reading way more into this than we should.  They said the list isn't ranked.  It isn't, but if they see their seat deposits are on the low side, lacking a certain URM group, LSAT score, gender, or geographic representation, they will go to those people who can fill the voids on the PWL first.

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2006, 04:02:54 PM »
I just found out I am on the "preferred waitlist" but I'll be withdrawing...