Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist  (Read 18604 times)

lightessenz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 12:05:55 PM »
I am on a normal waitlist. I will be withdrawing soon.

mdashwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 12:57:45 AM »
I just got my preferred waiting list decision in the mail today.  I'll also be withdrawing soon, since I'd already decided I'd probably rather go to UCLA, where I'm already in, anyway.

Just thought I'd share.
In: UCLA!, Vandy, UCDavis, ND, I-UC, GM
Out: Boalt (Cal sucks! :P)
WL: UVA, Northwestern, Georgetown
Hurry Uuup!: Duke, NYU

girlygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 10:02:02 AM »
I'm also on the preferred waitlist.  I think I'll forget about G-town until they e-mail in May.  This can't be a good sign for the rest of my apps.

For everyone who was quickly put on GULC waitlist, don't despair.  I was put on the waitlist there before receiving any other decisions, but I was admitted to PENN, UVA, NYU and deferred at Harvard and Columbia.  Also, I saw the profile of someone accepted to Harvard who was put on the waitlist at GULC.

Don't be discouraged by the waitlist, you could very easily be accepted to much higher ranked schools.  Just in case that is important to you.

Same here.  Waitlisted at G'town after acceptances to NYU, UMich, and UVa, and a Columbia deferral.  Needless to say, I'm not going to wait around for G'town.

whoisjohngalt

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »
I'm actually on Spring Break right now and won't be back for another two weeks...

My roommate called and told me that I made the preferred waitlist at Georgetown.  Was there anything on the letter that said that you need to send in a form to secure a spot on it?  Or do you automatically stay on it in virtue of not withdrawing?

I'm down, essentially, to Cornell and Vanderbilt (though Visiting GW soon), and I'd like to wait until I know about Georgetown (and Duke).

Thanks.

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 06:57:03 PM »
The letter says to direct correspondence to Sophia Sim, Director of Admissions. There's an email address specifically set up for the waiting list that it instructs us to use to confirm our interest in remaining on the list and informing GULC of important dates. I sent an email confirming my interest and asking some questions about supplementary materials, but have yet to hear a reply. I'll post on this thread when I hear back.

Good luck to all PWLers, especially my fellow splitters!  ;)
GULC '09

kiyakoiya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 12:21:09 AM »
PWL here, too.  I'll give myself a day to think about it rationally, then I'll probably withdraw.

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 09:44:20 AM »
Applied EA..deferred....now PWL
nothing about sophia sim in letter.
splitter: 3.14/175 ivy

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 10:10:33 AM »
The letter says to direct correspondence to Sophia Sim, Director of Admissions. There's an email address specifically set up for the waiting list that it instructs us to use to confirm our interest in remaining on the list and informing GULC of important dates. I sent an email confirming my interest and asking some questions about supplementary materials, but have yet to hear a reply. I'll post on this thread when I hear back.

I'm also PWL at GULC.  Also a splitter.  Interestingly, my letter says nothing of Sophia Sim, nor of a special waitling list e-mail.  It merely says that they will contact me again in May, and provides an e-mail address for my withdrawl.

Buh?
GULC '09

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 10:12:38 AM »

I'm also PWL at GULC.  Also a splitter.  Interestingly, my letter says nothing of Sophia Sim, nor of a special waitling list e-mail.  It merely says that they will contact me again in May, and provides an e-mail address for my withdrawl.

same here...I was worried when I first read that post since I haven't contacted GULC since then, maybe we got a different letter because we were in the first batch of those WLed (I was EA, got the decision in December I think)?

I guess it's a different round of letters. On the upside, because they're personalized, maybe we can all feel a little fuzzier.  ;)
GULC '09

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 05:20:32 PM »
I got my letter today--dated the 24th, what took so long?!?!

not sure what I'm going to do about it--this indecisive stuff is driving me nuts!
UVA '09