Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist  (Read 18184 times)

Gtown-Hopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Georgetown Waitlist
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 02:33:26 PM »
I know this thread is a year old, but i see plenty of people  here who where on the " preferred" waitlist and now have " georgetown" under their username indicating they got in .

im on the " preferred" waitlist at G-town ( but not the double-super-secret preferred-preferred waitlist) Those of of you  who got in? what did you do?  I would like to know as many details as humanly possible.

Also what do you think weighs heaviest when they decide who to let in off the waitlist ( GPA/LSAT or  demographic/diversity factors or eagerness to drop everything and go?)

pre1L

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »
bump.

I'm on the preferred preferred waitlist at GULC and would love to end up there. Any advice on courses of action would be greatly appreciated!!

mnewboldc

• View Profile
    • No Record Press
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »
Am on the ¨non preferred¨ waitlist, but I guess that´s what I deserve after I left ¨william and mary¨ on my supplementary essay...
Cornell 2011

angel123

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »
Preferred WL here. Has anyone heard anything????

washdc23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
Preferred WL here. Has anyone heard anything????

Nope

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 03:36:17 PM »
Someone on TLS said they got in I think yesterday from the preferred preferred WL.

qwertyman

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2008, 08:25:50 PM »
I got an email from Andrew Cornblatt around 5 saying, "You're going to like the letter you get in the mail in the next day or two." It was half a step short of a little winking face. I now have yet another tough choice to make.

I was on the non-preferred waitlist, by the way, for maximum jealousy factor. Sorry!  :-X

frankzone

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2008, 10:39:43 PM »
I just got off the WL of G-town too. Since I still got WLed at Harvard, Columbia, Upenn, I don't know what to choose... ::) Any suggestions?

ChristineE

• I hope Barack and I will be in D.C. this fall!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 11:15:40 PM »
I just got off the WL of G-town too. Since I still got WLed at Harvard, Columbia, Upenn, I don't know what to choose... ::) Any suggestions?

Did you also get the email from Dean Cornblatt? And how much time did they give you to put down a deposit?
Not even close to deciding:
USC - 60K
GW - nothing yet
GTown - Priority Wait List
No word from Cornell

frankzone

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »

Did you also get the email from Dean Cornblatt? And how much time did they give you to put down a deposit?

Yes, I did, and the deadline is May 9th, which is impossible for me to comply, because I live in China, even if I send out  the deposit today, it would still require 15 days to reach America, and I haven't offcially recieve the "letter" yet, and have no idea if it's binding or not. I've send out a letter asking for an extention, hoping that could provide some breathing time for me.  ::)

My dilemma is:Should I keep waiting on the big H, Columbia, or Upenn?What should I do? Anyone any suggestions? It would be really helpful, thanks!