Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Odd Michigan Email  (Read 877 times)

bpsavage

• View Profile
    • Email
Odd Michigan Email
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »
I received my acceptance letter from Michigan about a week and a half ago, but then received this message via email today:

A little more than a week ago, we sent you a big packet.  We hate to ruin the surprise by telling you what it contained, but let me just say that we never do email follow-ups to make sure people receive bad news.  If you haven't received our mailing, please shoot us a quick email and let us know, and also let us know the correct mailing address for you, in case that is the problem.

Anyone know what this might be?  Just the Michigan acceptance packet?

Turritus

• View Profile
Re: Odd Michigan Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »
I got this email about a month ago, and it confused me too.  I think it refers to a packet you will get/have gotten talking about housing opportunities.  Nothing too exciting. Either way, Michigan sends a large packet a week.  Most of them are informative and helpful. 

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:30:12 PM »
who wants to go to a school that does things like that!!!  (my rejection is still tender)

nanteiuga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 07:41:14 PM »

Yeah it's the Michigan acceptance packet.  I don't see anything too confusing about the email...
ichiro: u of washington, michigan, texas, w&l($$)
shinjo: boalt
kaz matsui: u of hawaii, gulc, ucla, columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=daddyfatsacks

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »

Yeah it's the Michigan acceptance packet.  I don't see anything too confusing about the email...
i dont think its confusing, so much as wierd.

but i still want one.
University of Virginia '09

odaiko

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 10:40:36 PM »
They were referring to the acceptance letter mailing that included the blue folder, CD-ROM, etc.

I thought it was cute. I like that they acknowledge the emotional drama and surprise-factor that goes into the admissions process, unlike other admissions staff/androids I've encountered.
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2009!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=agnetha

jeb240

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 11:08:55 PM »
I think it's just their way of making sure that you know you got in.

Like, it's much more fun to get an unexpected packet in the mail, obviously.  But sometimes the mail is slower than expected or fails completely, and Michigan sends its packets (save for those going overseas) by USPS.

So I feel like this is them letting you know what is coming (assuming you didn't get it already -- I got that email like a week or two after getting my admissions packet) while trying, in vain, not to tell you what is coming.

Just one more reason why Michigan seems so much nicer than pretty much every other top school.

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 12:02:13 AM »

Like, it's much more fun to get an unexpected packet in the mail, obviously.  But sometimes the mail is slower than expected or fails completely, and Michigan sends its packets (save for those going overseas) by USPS.

So I feel like this is them letting you know what is coming (assuming you didn't get it already -- I got that email like a week or two after getting my admissions packet) while trying, in vain, not to tell you what is coming.

Just one more reason why Michigan seems so much nicer than pretty much every other top school.

Yeah, I really appreciated the whole "weird" email. So much humor comes across in their mailings...
U Chi '09

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 09:29:49 AM »
I liked the email as well.
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 09:46:24 AM »

Yeah, I really appreciated the whole "weird" email. So much humor comes across in their mailings...

I felt the same way about their "hold" email.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future