Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Davis w/ No scholarship Pacific McGeorge w/ 12k or USF w/ 23k  (Read 1347 times)

oldhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Davis w/ No scholarship Pacific McGeorge w/ 12k or USF w/ 23k
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 09:40:38 PM »
Davis, Davis, a thousand times Davis.

#1 in COWLAW.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 09:41:15 PM »
HIlarious.

oldhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 09:46:37 PM »
Why go to school in one of the prettiest parts of San Francisco when you can enjoy all the fineries and culture Yolo County, California has to offer?

iyl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2006, 12:50:43 AM »
iyl,

I was impressed with the campus and the some of the professors, but some of the students were disappointing. I sat in on a class that utilized the socratic method and most of the students being called on could not answer the questions the professor was asking, many of which actually opted for a joke over a serious answer. The next week I sat in on a class at USD and it was like night and day, these students were on it and prepared when they were called on (and yes they were being called on at random as well). Maybe I just got a bad first impression.However the McGeorge alumni impressed me, they were very accomplished and inspiring.

I verified the 23k from USF is for a maintaining a 2.0, which makes that option suddenly more attractive. Why is McGeorge held in a higher regard, compared to USF?

Hah! I'm hoping I can work that to my advantage, and hopefully transfer. Or graduate within a certain top % of my class. Did you attend a class for the day or night division?

I think USF is probably a decent school, but given that it's in the same city as Hastings and close enough to Boalt and Stanford, it's not that much in comparison. McGeorge I've heard is pretty good, but I don't know how the two (McG and USF) would compare. McG seems to have more $ to give out, and is more "up and coming" and has more potential. Just my impressions, I could be wrong. I'll be visiting next week at the open house :)