Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone been accepted to Georgtown...  (Read 883 times)

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Has anyone been accepted to Georgtown...
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:20:04 PM »
... via US Mail BEFORE the online status checker said "Decision"?  I've seen a couple of posts on this board that have noted that their status checker is all screwed up.  I hope so-- it would make going to the post office a bit more exciting...

And on that note, am I the only person on this board that has to drive to the post office to get my mail?  The mail man doesn't deliver to my house....

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone been accepted to Georgtown...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:33:32 PM »
no... but my checker changed to decision sometime last week and I haven't gotten anything...and I live in VA about 30 min from the school... ack! But, it all seems to have been bad news recently, or at best WL, so I don't mind waiting a little longer ;)

so, either it's lost in the mail, or they didn't really come to a decision and their status checker is just screwy, as others have said. Sigh. I will wait a few more days and then call them to get them to send again (assuming they sent the first time!) this is one of those times when technology is NOT my friend!!

it's at least as likely that you could get something with no change in your status as I could keep waiting indefinitely even though mine has!!

good luck!
UVA '09

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 09:29:06 AM »
Forget the stupid status checker. I applied the first week of November and my status is still not "complete".  I called lst month and they assured me that my materials were complete but the status checker still says "Applied" and it also says "both" when I only applied PT.  Full-time LS is not an option for me so I am sure I did not make the mistake of marking "both" on the application. They assured me that I didn't but low and behold the status checker still says "both".  I give up on this thing.

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 10:03:53 AM »
Where does it say which program (FT/PT?) I applied to both, but don't see anything on there indicating anything either way... I'm sure I'm missing something! I am curious whether my "decision" is a decision on my entire app or a decision on one/both programs separately... of course, since another day went by w/no news, I'm not holding my breath to figure anything out any time soon!
UVA '09

StepUpT0theMike

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 11:39:15 AM »
I've also been "Decision" since Thursday or Friday of last week.  I guess I am naively assuming that I will be receiving my letter in the next few days.

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 04:05:58 PM »
well, it's nice to know someone else went to decision at around the same time and hasn't heard anything...nothing again for me today, I have gotten things sent out on Friday, Sat., from a lot further away than Gtown, so I feel like it's either lost in the mail, or they sent it out well after it went to decision. sigh. such a pain!

good luck stepup!
UVA '09

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 04:10:48 PM »
Roxy, I just looked at your LSN... I'm surprised you haven't gotten an acceptance/scholarship from W&M yet (not that it really matters)... best of luck with Georgetown, be sure to let us know when/what you hear!

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 04:18:27 PM »
vinyl,
thanks for that... I did apply kind of late, but I have to admit, I am a little surprised that I haven't heard anything, either... tho I am about 90% sure I'll be in c-ville next year anyway, still would be nice to hear something-- I need some luv!

anyway, good luck to you... is gtown high on your list?

UVA '09

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »
yeah, georgetown is high on my list for sure.  i'm still just "complete", but we'll see... i'm definitely not counting on an acceptance.  unless duke, uva, or gtown pulls through, i'll be at vandy in the fall... but even then it's gonna be hard to get me off of my good nashville vibes...

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
yeah, georgetown is probably my last real wildcard... tho I figure it will likely be PT if anything and I just don't think I want to do that... I do wish I had applied to Vandy, I love TN and think I really would have liked it, but just couldn't shell out the dough knowing I probably wouldn't be able to move that far away at this point, sigh. Have fun and good luck! I'll definitely let you know once I hear something...anything...
UVA '09