Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: panic  (Read 6069 times)

valerie098

• View Profile
Re: panic
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2004, 10:20:07 AM »
congrats :D---are you for sure going to attend Cinci? Its a really fun city!

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2004, 05:59:07 PM »
I'm still hoping for OSU!

DonkeySmiler

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2004, 06:39:41 PM »
A sign (from OSU)!

The application status has changed..... it went from "referred" (referred to specific department for admission consideration)

to "complete" (Your application is currently being reviewed. You can expect written notification of your admission decision soon.)

Hopefully, this means the wait is almost over!

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2004, 07:16:07 PM »
So your application was not finished until after January 5 and you have already received and acceptance letter?  Is that a normal speed?  I also completed my file by December, except for LSAT, which I took in December, and have not received anything on any of my applications.  Congrats on the acceptance!

DonkeySmiler

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2004, 08:04:37 PM »
If you are referring to my post..... sadly, there is no acceptance (or rejection).....yet.

I was just letting everyone know that my app's status had changed under the OSU application status page).

I hope the "complete" dose not mean my application is just now getting around to being put all together. They initially received it December 18.

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2004, 08:51:21 PM »
Yeah, I took my LSAT in December, and didn't have my apps complete until my score came through.  I have heard back, just not from the college I'm waiting for.

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2004, 02:47:41 PM »
Lucky you, DonkeySmiler...my app for OSU was received 12/03 and I am still in the "referred" category.  From what I understood at the online open house, you should get a letter within 2 weeks, or perhaps a phone call sooner!  Good Luck.

DonkeySmiler

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2004, 05:58:17 PM »
Well my wait is over..... sorta....

I got a letter from OSU. I have been deferred or waitlisted (not quite sure what the proper term is).  They will be "re-evaluating my application at a later time" :(

I knew going in it was a long shot.... Capital here I come ;) (I actually like Capital more than OSU, but OSU is so cost effective)

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2004, 10:10:21 PM »
Why do you like Capital more.  I live in Columbus, and would like to go to OSU, but if not Capital has offered me great aid.  Tell me good things about Capital!  Oh, and I'm sorry OSU failed to make a decision.

DonkeySmiler

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2004, 05:09:42 PM »
My reasons for liking Capital are kind of insubstantial at the moment.  Hopefully this will be cleared up by
attending the open house on Feb. 23 (I believe).

I went to undergrad school right down the street (essentially) from Capital, so I am familiar with the area and I have known quite a few people who have gone to school there. Regular and law school. In fact, the person who motivated me to go to law school in the first place went there. My neighbor also goes there......Anyway, they all seem to have nothing but good things to say.