Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: panic  (Read 6057 times)

Jason

• View Profile
Re: panic
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2004, 01:34:58 AM »
Donkey- A 153/3.82 isn't bad. Combining that with the fact that you were a computer science major would most likely give you a 50/50 shot. 

Kattie- What type of government work do you do?

I am currently finishing up an MPA.  Have either of you been accepted anywhere?  What type of law do you guys want to practice? 

DonkeySmiler

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2004, 10:14:25 AM »
I only applied to four places..... Ohio State, Capital, Toledo, and Florida Coastal.

The only school I have not heard back from is ohio state  >:(. I got accpeted to the rest.

My ultimate goal is to work for the FBI (hence the computer science background). Though, if I were to go with a career in law, I would still like to work in something technology based, but I imagine that it is a fairly new area of law.

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2004, 10:19:15 AM »
Jason,

Where are you getting your MPA from?  I am planning to start mine this fall.  Do you like the MPA program?

Thanks!
Christie

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2004, 04:59:08 PM »
I do policy analysis

I applied to OSU, Ohio Northern, Capital, Case Western, U of Cinn, and Dayton.  I'm hoping for OSU since I live in Columbus, but I didn't apply until Dec. so I probably have a wait before I hear.  I think I'd like to practice family law.  What about everyone else.

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2004, 03:39:09 PM »
Christie-  I am getting my MPA from the University of Dayton.  I like the program so far.  All classes are taught in the evening, and it is geared toward working professionals. I am one of only about five students that are coming straight from undergrad.  I am learning from both the teachers and my fellow classmates.  The program combines theory with practical skills, with traditional prof's and former graduates teaching various courses.  This semester the city manager of Dayton (former grad) is teaching a class, and another class brings in panels of state and local government leaders to discuss current issues. 

I only applied to OSU, Case Western, and Dayton Law School. 

I am in @ Dayton with a substantial scholarship, but have not heard from OSU or Case. 

Jason

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2004, 08:31:31 AM »
Jason,

Thanks for letting me know about the MPA program.  I am in a fork in the road with the MPA program and law school.  I am going to see how I do on my LSAT in June and go from there.  I don't want to close any doors as I am getting to finish my bachelor's degree this year.  Congrats on Dayton and I hope you hear from the rest real soon.  I have my list of six law schools I plan to apply to this fall for early admissions.  I hope everything works well.  I do not take standardized tests very well.  I do great in college, but a standardized test will get me every time.

Have a great day!
Christie

iluvcats1977

• LSAT Dec '04, 3.36 UGPA, 3.48 MBA Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iluvcats
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2004, 06:56:28 PM »
I just applied to the University of Cincinnati, University of Dayton, and Northern Kentucky University within the past 2 weeks.  The waiting is killing me.  UC is my first choice but I don't know.  ??? My LSDAS UGPA is a 3.36 in Management Information Systems.  I got a 147 on the LSAT, I included an addendum in my apps explaining that my LSAT score was impacted by working a full time job and taking night classes to earn a graduate degree.  I just finished an MBA with a 3.48 GPA.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Has anyone gotten into these schools with similar credentials?

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2004, 07:29:44 PM »
I go into U Cinn with a 163 and a 3.76.  Good Luck! and I love cats too!

iluvcats1977

• LSAT Dec '04, 3.36 UGPA, 3.48 MBA Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iluvcats
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2004, 09:08:54 PM »
Congrats Kattiewitch, that is wonderful!  I am a bit jealous as well :)  Quick question for you, how long did you wait for a decision from UC, and did they send you any kind of confirm that your file was complete?  I applied electronically 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them.

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2004, 09:40:25 PM »
I sent my application in before christmas, but had to wait for my december LSAT scores for my application to be complete.  I think it took them 2-3 weeks to send me a little one page mailing letting me know they had everything.  I also think they were quick because my file was complete dec. 31 and there might not have been a lot of other activity at that time.  I received a decision from them on Saturday.  I hope the timeline calms your nerves.  Good Luck!