Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm a dumby.... financial aid mistake  (Read 574 times)

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
I'm a dumby.... financial aid mistake
« on: February 27, 2006, 12:13:49 PM »
 I did the FAFSA on time, but didn't realize that each school wants their own application, and by like tomorrow or the next day! So I'm trying to do them all now, even though I still haven't heard from like 10 of them at least. Do you think they will accept them by fax or need the original. No way are they going to make it anywhere by mail in time if I mail them today or tomorrow.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a dumby.... financial aid mistake
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:22:40 PM »
Most schools say their financial aid deadline is a priority deadline.  It is likely that if they receive it a few days late, it will not make any significant difference.

That said... I think most schools would be willing to take the faxed copy.  Check with them individually.

Turritus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 05:15:58 PM »
I would get them in the mail today/tomorrow and then ask if they'd appreciate a fax.  I would not sweat this deadline too much, as I suspect the schools set the deadline aritificially early for their convinience and not need.  Virginia, for example, had a 2/15 priority deadline with 3/1 as the cutoff.  Despite this, I talked to their finaid office the other day and they told me they won't even look at any of the fin aid apps until the end of March.  Yes, get everything in asap, but I would not worry about it.

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 07:40:28 PM »
can you list some of these said schools... of my schools i think only BC and ND require such an app.

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 07:42:12 PM »
hastings, san diego, duke, loyola chicago had seperate apps. then a bunch of schools want that need access thing which i havent done and then i think BU wants some college board scholarship profile. sigh.

Mkay

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »
Wait, I thought putting the school on the FAFSA would send the application to them.  There is another application?

jbd734

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 10:41:19 PM »
css is the biggest scam.

the free federal application for student aid is insufficient? fine. generate your own form; require whatever information you like. make me certify all the info is complete and accurate...but don't make me pay more money to apply for financial aid.

ugh.

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 10:51:24 PM »
seriously!! paying for financial aid?