Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oh the agony....  (Read 1009 times)

JoyElizabeth

• View Profile
Oh the agony....
« on: July 28, 2004, 01:10:11 PM »
Ahhhh has anyone gotten off of the capital waitlist? I probably don't want to hear if you have but you can tell me anyway. Its down to the final 3 weeks before classes start and I am starting the process of realizing that chances are I will not be a law student this fall. But, I suppose there is a reason for everything....a small part of me still holds out hope...there are three whole weeks...ahhhhh. who knows. Well...anyway thanks to everyone out there posting...all of you have been keeping me company these past few weeks as I hear no news from any law school and resort to checking this website.  I had a dream last night that Ray Romano from Everybody Loves Raymond got off a law school wait-list and he was telling me about it in his funny voice.  ::).  Anyone else in this boat and think they might apply next year? I'm debating....the LSAT was a nightmare I'd rather not repeat.  :P

Shoes

• AOL Instant Messenger - HeeledShoes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Oh the agony....
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 03:51:34 PM »
I feel your pain!!  This wait is most definitely agonizing.  Your dream is cracking me up!!   :D    Have you contacted them to see when you might hear something?

Hrothgar

• View Profile
Re: Oh the agony....
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 01:32:30 PM »
I feel your pain Joy.  I was waitlisted at 4 schools and accepted at 0.  Like you, I still hold out hope for a miracle in the final moments, but the clock keeps ticking and I keep staring at my cell phone and nothing keeps happening. It is agony.  In fact, I had actually resigned myself to not getting in anywhere earlier in the summer, and suddenly now have developed this desperate hope that that might change.
I think I'll probably end up applying again next year, although like you I'm not wild about the idea of taking the LSAT again.  I'm worried I might get a lower score and thus negate the point of re-taking it.  I might not bother.  I have been trying to think of different strategies to improve my apps, but mostly I keep clinging to my last shred of hope.
you will hardly know who i am or what i mean....