Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northwestern Interview Speculation  (Read 735 times)

TheHardestPart

• View Profile
Northwestern Interview Speculation
« on: February 27, 2006, 09:54:28 AM »
Had my interview on Friday... it was excellent... couldn't have been paired with a more amiable interviewer.

i'm wondering though how much ability the NU interview has to impact admissions decisions?  i mean they certainly gave me a whole unsolicited "this has been such a great interview this is why we have these interviews, because it's not all about the numbers" bit... very complimentary for the last 5 minutes of the interview, really.. and i didn't get any NU marketing, just really great conversation.....

i don't know.  it couldn't have possibly gone any better... but then, i wonder if it even matters

thoughts?
 ???

Officer Rod Farva

• Sr. Citizen
  • FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Northwestern Interview Speculation
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:32:45 PM »
Your interview wasn't at 9:30 or so on Friday morning, was it?
LSD saved my life.

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 12:37:45 PM »
I think they do matter to some degree, or else why would they go through so much effort to have them. I also felt my interview went really well. The interviewer did not say this at the end of the interview, but the fact that it lasted so long without a lull in the conversation that touched on a vast myraid of topics, I couldn't help believing it went well. When I emailed my interviewer later about my acceptance and scholarship, he mentioned how "pleased" he was with the "outcome" and how he thought I would "fit in perfectly" at NU. I think my interviewer's input had some effect on at least my scholarship offer...
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

terpsichore

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 01:48:27 PM »
Some of my friends from undergrad conduct interviews on behalf of Northwestern.  The feeling I get is that a bad interview can cost you your seat whereas a good interview keeps you in the running.

K

• Sr. Citizen
  • This calls for a sexy party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 02:22:07 PM »
my interviewer and i were not on the same page at all... and he came into it annoyed.

i was waitlisted.

even if i had gotten in, i wouldn't have gone.
Ate it right up: GULC, BU, UVA, Chicago
Spit it out: Harvard
Need another bite: Penn, Northwestern
Haven't picked up the fork: Stanford

Why do they all want figgy pudding?

Officer Rod Farva

• Sr. Citizen
  • FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »
Romulox- did you have an interview on friday?  i opted out of morning interviews bc i'm far more oriented later in the day after having had time to consume 6 cups of coffee or so! how'd your interview go, if you had one?

Terpsichore- yeah that's pretty much what i'd have expected for the interviews.  we'll see...

I was there at 9 a.m. on Friday. My interviewer was pretty nice but she seemed a little nervous, which I thought was a bit odd. Overall, I think it went fine. I didn't get the same great praise you did, but I do feel like I made a good case for myself. I left there feeling good about it. 

FWIW I think the interview process becomes more important the worse your numbers are to a certain point.

LSD saved my life.

terpsichore

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 02:34:29 PM »
Don't know if this helps but when I was at Northwestern on 2/14 the admissions officer said that they were at a 6-8 week turnaround once a file was complete.

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 02:38:38 PM »
Some of my friends from undergrad conduct interviews on behalf of Northwestern.  The feeling I get is that a bad interview can cost you your seat whereas a good interview keeps you in the running.

Yeah, I know someone with better numbers than me who did so well on the interview that the interviewer said she was one of the best she'd ever talked to and still got waitlisted.

K

• Sr. Citizen
  • This calls for a sexy party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 02:41:21 PM »
3.73/170 - I sent in my app 10/4... my interview was 10/11... heard on January 12...

it was unlikely i'd move to chicago anyway
Ate it right up: GULC, BU, UVA, Chicago
Spit it out: Harvard
Need another bite: Penn, Northwestern
Haven't picked up the fork: Stanford

Why do they all want figgy pudding?

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 08:11:36 PM »
I thought I got rejected after the interview.. It was conducted via phone with an admissions officer. I still don't know why they let me in.  ???