Law School Discussion

FAFSA - Expected Family Contribution

Erapitt

• View Profile
Re: FAFSA - Expected Family Contribution
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 05:32:39 PM »
You are always eligible for unsubsidized stafford loans (but they are nothing special).  However, it sounds like you won't get a dime in grants and likely nothing in subsidized loans.

Your EFC is over 40K?  I thought mine was high.  I make good money, as does my wife, and ours wasn't quite that high. 

Regarding living in an expensive city, that's life.  We live in DC so don't even go there lol.

Regarding your property.  Something is awry.  You don't make anything off of it, you can't sell it, but I am sure you are paying taxes on it.  What benefit is it to you?  You can sell your shares of it off.

mgd04

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 06:01:15 PM »
Does applying for grants require an extra application or are you automatically considered when you fill out the regular FAFSA?

Erapitt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 06:04:10 PM »
Does applying for grants require an extra application or are you automatically considered when you fill out the regular FAFSA?

Are you serious?  Wow dude, do your research.  No grants for you now lol.  FAFSA has to be done by March 1 for priority consideration usually but it varies by school.  Also, each school has something that needs to be done additionally for grants, again, usually by March 1.  Plus you have to provide your parents information even if you are married, kids, etc.... Everyone under 30 has to do it.  Dumb but true.