Law School Discussion

$$$ from Fordham??

as436

• View Profile
    • Email
$$$ from Fordham??
« on: February 26, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »
Hey, is 15K a year from Fordham a lot for my numbers?  Not too many people post $$ for Fordham and LSN and I am dying to hear from NYU and Columbia, so I wanna see how my soft factors measure up...

nmb238

• View Profile
Re: $$$ from Fordham??
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »
ive also been trying to figure out how my soft factors are doing based on the $$ i have received from the places i have been accepted:
im a 167, 3.85 and i got 10k from both GW and Fordham, and 25k from Cardozo. Nothing from Cornell but an acceptance.

from what i can tell, MOST people with my numbers got the same deals, right? A few points higher on the LSATS woulda bumped me up to 15k at GW/Fordham, and to full ride at Cardozo.
your GPA seems just enough higher than mine, and your LSAT is that one crucial point higher than mine, to warrant 15k as opposed to ten. Im betting the 170+s are getting offered closer to 20k and full rides at Fordham and other similar schools- i know a friend with a 165 got 5K a year at GW for example so it seems like its incremental based on LSATs all other things being equal.

am i wrong? best of luck to you on NYU and Columbia, im waiting to hear from them also.

~n

as436

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »
yea im beginning to think its all about the LSATs.. not sure how much the gpa matters at all... how long after your acceptance did you get money from gw and cardozo, I havent gotten any yet

nmb238

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 01:24:22 AM »
Cardozo told me over the phone that I would be referred to the merit scholarship committee, and I got the letter about the $$ around a month or so after the first phone call.

GW letter was just a thin lil envelope that appeared a week or so after I got in via email- so sometime around Jan 30. I can tell you that I got into Fordham and GW within days of one another and got their $$ offers within days of one another as well.

my bet is its about lsats, not much else, and youll hear from GW and prob Cardozo soon unless they yield protect their $ which might be possible though i wouldnt understand why

goooooood luck!

~n

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 08:18:21 AM »
I got zero from Fordham so it's not JUST about LSATs.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 12:02:27 PM »
Basically, your GPA can hurt you more than it can help you.  Unfortunately, having a good GPA does not help you into admissions if your LSAT score is low.   But that does not mean GPAs are worthless--having a bad GPA can knock you out of consideration even if your LSAT is high.  Does that make sense?

jb1246a

• pandatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 02:25:12 PM »
Hey, is 15K a year from Fordham a lot for my numbers?  Not too many people post $$ for Fordham and LSN and I am dying to hear from NYU and Columbia, so I wanna see how my soft factors measure up...

I got 15K/yr, too. My soft factors are run-of-the-mill, and my LSAT is just low enough that they might believe a partial schoarlship would convince me to choose them over CCN. Not sure what this means for you, though. Good luck at N/C.

as436

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 08:45:32 PM »
wow i guess fordham liked me then.. bc ur stats put you on a different level from me