Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are you a chameleon?  (Read 1098 times)

M DOT

Re: Are you a chameleon?
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 06:31:47 PM »
i used to be a chameleon in high school, b/c  my environment at home and at school were ying and yang, but after a while it gets too tiring, by my senior year i gave up and said @#!* it...take me as i am and if you dont like it then step. i found that no one had a problem accepting the fact that i will rock gold bamboos & an ecco hoodie while blasting ccr or me wearing pearls and reciting my favorite wu lyrics

although i still struggle moving from one group to another, b/c the mentalities and lifestyles are so drastically different i wouldn't trade one group for the other b/c they both make me who i am, boogie and hood...doesnt get much better than that  :D ;D ;)

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 06:55:52 PM »
I'll admit to being a chameleon sometimes. It doesn't mean I'm fake or anything.

My environment plays a major role in how I act. Some people I've very open with while others I reveal very little about myself. When I'm around family or close friends I'm a open book. When I'm in other situations where I'm not familar with my surroundings or the people, I put my guard up.

Also I'm very different in a corporate/professional environment versus when I'm relaxing with friends.

I honestly don't think it's a good idea to be an open book to certain people.
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

cyberrev

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 07:45:13 PM »
Do you speak one way around friends/family but speak drastically different at school/work?

And whats your take on this? Is being a chameleon mean that you are being fake?

Lets discuss, shall we?

I am a proud Chameleon. This is because I know what I need to do to increase my bottom line, and live comfortably. If you can't communicate with those who you do business with, then you are not going to get thier business. 

But if your beliefs conflicted with office policy do you change or do your hold tight to your beliefs?
The only beliefs I have that are solid and won't change are Biblical, the rest are subject to my enviornment and the desire to survive.

titcr

team mvp

• Sr. Citizen
  • Columbia '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 08:19:53 PM »
I actually speak about the same. I used to get sh*t from fake friends b/c I speak correctly all the time but they fell by the wayside. It's crazy that people have to speak so differently. But no it's not fake at all. That'd be like saying someone Hispanic is fake for speaking English at work and Spanish at home.

I'm not talking about just the way one speaks. I'm talking about the whole package . . . a chameleon . . .  as if you were to put on another face . . . . as if you were a totally different person.

Like at work youre listening to Beck and LCD Soundsystem but at home youre listening to Young Jeezy and Lil Wayne. At work youre wearing light soft breezy colors and at home youre wearing loud shirts with dragon designs. During lunch youre eating grilled salmon on a baggett with butter rosemary sauce drippings while admiring the restaurant's decor but at home you Mickey D'ing it. At work youre a George Bush supporter and at home your screaming at your TV during the State of the Union Address asking George Bush "What have you done for me lately?"

Catch my drift?

lol, I think that type of person can be described as BI-POLAR  :D

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 08:33:35 PM »
hmmm..do u believe that beliefs and principles go hand and hand? if so are you saying that you'll budge on your principles as well as long as there's no Biblical conflict?

Do you speak one way around friends/family but speak drastically different at school/work?

Lets discuss, shall we?

I am a proud Chameleon. This is because I know what I need to do to increase my bottom line, and live comfortably. If you can't communicate with those who you do business with, then you are not going to get thier business. 

But if your beliefs conflicted with office policy do you change or do your hold tight to your beliefs?
The only beliefs I have that are solid and won't change are Biblical, the rest are subject to my enviornment and the desire to survive.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 08:38:41 PM »
I  can't think of any non-biblical principles that I have at the moment.

hmmm..do u believe that beliefs and principles go hand and hand? if so are you saying that you'll budge on your principles as well as long as there's no Biblical conflict?

Lets discuss, shall we?

WannabeLAW

• Sr. Citizen
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 11:37:39 PM »

Lets discuss, shall we?

The chameleon's sole reason for changing colors is survival, there is no conflict there.