Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are you a chameleon?  (Read 1162 times)

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Are you a chameleon?
« on: February 26, 2006, 12:58:26 PM »
Do you speak one way around friends/family but speak drastically different at school/work?

And whats your take on this? Is being a chameleon mean that you are being fake?

Lets discuss, shall we?

Slow Blues

Re: Are you a chameleon?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:14:27 AM »
I actually speak about the same. I used to get sh*t from fake friends b/c I speak correctly all the time but they fell by the wayside. It's crazy that people have to speak so differently. But no it's not fake at all. That'd be like saying someone Hispanic is fake for speaking English at work and Spanish at home.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 10:34:41 AM »
I actually speak about the same. I used to get sh*t from fake friends b/c I speak correctly all the time but they fell by the wayside. It's crazy that people have to speak so differently. But no it's not fake at all. That'd be like saying someone Hispanic is fake for speaking English at work and Spanish at home.

I'm not talking about just the way one speaks. I'm talking about the whole package . . . a chameleon . . .  as if you were to put on another face . . . . as if you were a totally different person.

Like at work youre listening to Beck and LCD Soundsystem but at home youre listening to Young Jeezy and Lil Wayne. At work youre wearing light soft breezy colors and at home youre wearing loud shirts with dragon designs. During lunch youre eating grilled salmon on a baggett with butter rosemary sauce drippings while admiring the restaurant's decor but at home you Mickey D'ing it. At work youre a George Bush supporter and at home your screaming at your TV during the State of the Union Address asking George Bush "What have you done for me lately?"

Catch my drift?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 10:49:53 AM »
I see what you're saying.. .people that are chameleons tend to have problems with self identity... they surround themselves with people that can't truly accept who they are...they're people pleasers..will act one way around one group and another around different people...

I think that in some ways we all choose to discuss somethings with some people and withhold other information from others..but if there is consistency with character there shouldn't be a problem... when it comes to musical tastes..and simple things that are the general make up of who you are... u shouldn't have problems sharing that with everybody...

now if you're a two faced hypocrit... uncle toming on one hand and being "black power" on the other for example then you have some serious problems... be who you are without worrying about what other people think about you...

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 02:13:36 PM »
Terrance Howard comes to mind.

Hustle & Flow Terrance: Whoop That Trick!!!

60 Minutes Terrance: Why, i'm fine, thank you. Everything is going swimmingly. And you?

Granted in Hustle & Flow he's acting but I think he wants it both ways.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 02:20:08 PM »
u know he's too embarassed to perform that at the Oscars though :D

60 Minutes Terrance: Why, i'm fine, thank you. Everything is going swimmingly. And you?

Granted in Hustle & Flow he's acting but I think he wants it both ways.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Slow Blues

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »

The funny part is that if you saw the movie, the first version of the song was 'Beat That B*tch'

That said, I can't say I'm a chameleon. Earlier today:

Lead Analyst: Hey there, Slow, whatcha listening to?

Slow: uhhh The Game

Lead Analyst: .... well, good work on the BMW account. We're gonna get you involved on some other work later this week.

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 04:33:45 PM »
Do you speak one way around friends/family but speak drastically different at school/work?

Lets discuss, shall we?

I am a proud Chameleon. This is because I know what I need to do to increase my bottom line, and live comfortably. If you can't communicate with those who you do business with, then you are not going to get thier business. 

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »

Lets discuss, shall we?

I am a proud Chameleon. This is because I know what I need to do to increase my bottom line, and live comfortably. If you can't communicate with those who you do business with, then you are not going to get thier business. 

But if your beliefs conflicted with office policy do you change or do your hold tight to your beliefs?

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 05:24:04 PM »

Lets discuss, shall we?

But if your beliefs conflicted with office policy do you change or do your hold tight to your beliefs?
The only beliefs I have that are solid and won't change are Biblical, the rest are subject to my enviornment and the desire to survive.