Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schools that offer to reimburse for visit costs  (Read 2454 times)

merkina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Schools that offer to reimburse for visit costs
« on: February 26, 2006, 12:22:29 AM »
I want to try to get a list going of the schools that offer to reimburse (at least partially or for people a certain distance away) for travel to visit them?

U Penn

Cpac

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Schools that offer to reimburse for visit costs
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 12:27:06 AM »
W&L
Cornell (if you need it)

jeb240

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 03:34:09 AM »
Is this for schools that put it out there on their own (like Penn) or schools that seem to be keeping it on the D/L?  I ask because if it's the case that this or that school doesn't want everyone knowing they are willing to do this, I'd rather not put it out there incase too many people start asking and then maybe they become more stringent with it in the future or something.

But for the first case:

Northwestern

SFnative

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:26:24 AM »
I want to try to get a list going of the schools that offer to reimburse (at least partially or for people a certain distance away) for travel to visit them?

U Penn

Stanford - my friend told me they offer 500 for airfare *though she is flying international* 'plus' ground transport
Berkeley - 100 i think for instate airfare and 300 for out of state (booked through boalt's travel agency)

Reaching

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 09:19:14 AM »
Paying $300 for students that ENROLL. That's an interesting and subtle incentive system to get prospective students to attend UMN

Pythagoras

• Sr. Citizen
  • ĦEn Mexique!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 10:50:32 AM »
Columbia will reimburse for travel costs.  The info's in the admitted students handbook, I believe.
ATTENDING: Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pythagoras22

"Ponme la mano aqui, macorina.  Ponme la mano aqui."

SFnative

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 11:02:34 AM »
Columbia will reimburse for travel costs.  The info's in the admitted students handbook, I believe.

really?, my same friend who got into stanford also got in columbia - she told me columbia will give abit of money if one demonstrates hardship...

jeb240

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 11:17:17 AM »

really?, my same friend who got into stanford also got in columbia - she told me columbia will give abit of money if one demonstrates hardship...

Well that's the stipulation for most schools.  Only some (Penn, Stanford, for example) are offering it to everyone.  And even Penn requests that you show some restraint and only ask to be reimbursed if you actually need to be.

Tulane06

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »
W&L will reimburse $150 for flight if you're 300+ miles away, will give you Roanoke airport to school transportation, and give you a hotel room shared with another admit.
In-- W&L-$$$, Notre Dame, Emory
WL-- UMich, Northwestern
??-- Columbia, Penn, Cornell, Georgetown, Texas, Vanderbilt, GW, Fordham, UGA, Florida

SFnative

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 06:22:44 PM »

Well that's the stipulation for most schools.  Only some (Penn, Stanford, for example) are offering it to everyone.  And even Penn requests that you show some restraint and only ask to be reimbursed if you actually need to be.

ic ic, i guess so far only stanford, boalt, W&L give travel subsidy without strings?