Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: deadline for hand scoring?  (Read 998 times)

mauritian95

• View Profile
deadline for hand scoring?
« on: February 25, 2006, 10:45:59 AM »
Does anyone know if I can still request to have my test hand scored, and if so, how I go about doing this? I couldn't find information on this on the lsac website. I wasn't sure if it was too late to have your test hand scored once the scores are out.
Thanks

charlieh

• View Profile
Re: deadline for hand scoring?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 10:54:17 AM »
You have to mail in a reason, your info, and some money (35) within 60 days of receiving your score. You can fax it too. I'm going to do it too, just for piece of mind.  http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=/lsac/faqs-and-support-lsat.asp#19
It's under FAQ, then LSAT.
Here's what it says:
If you wish to verify or contest the machine scoring of your answer sheet after you have received your LSAT Score Report, you may request a rescoring by hand. Send a signed request to LSAC, Box 2000-T, Newtown, PA 18940 or fax it to 215-968-1277. Your request must be postmarked or received by fax no later than 60 days after the test date.

Include: your name, LSAC account number, Social Security/Insurance identification number, the test date, the test center name and code number, your reason for requesting the handscore, and payment for the $36 handscore fee (check, money order, or credit card).

charlieh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 10:58:15 AM »
I researched that on the boards here last night, and it seemed like some people got them back in three weeks.  I don't know.  I think since this is an undisclosed test, they may have more requests.

mauritian95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 11:00:18 AM »
thanks! I think that for peace of mind I'm going to do it too... I don't expect my score to change, but it can't hurt, right?

charlieh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 11:12:47 AM »
Precisely.  I knew I wasn't the only one in disbelief.  I misbubbled on three different sections and am concerned about erasing and what not.  Talk about nerves.  I never misbubbled that much at home.

d_y_ze

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 07:11:03 PM »
If they find out you did worse through your hand score test, I wonder if they lower your score...?

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 11:16:56 PM »
I'm sure that at least two of my answer changes were invalidated because of messy eraser marks. But my problem is that there are a few schools that need the scores ASAP. According to LSAC's Web site, it has not yet sent them the reports they requested (I think that will happen next week). If I request a rescoring, will they wait to send the scores? Or will they send the scores as they are and update them if they change?
Georgetown

lsatflunkie

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »
that's my question-- what happens if you request handscoring- and the report was already sent?? 

knight

• View Profile
Can handscoring lower your score??? or is it locked in?
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 10:53:52 PM »
With handscoring, can they decrease your score too??? or are you locked in at the score they gave, plus more, if warranted?

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Can handscoring lower your score??? or is it locked in?
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 11:00:16 PM »
From the LSAT handbook:

If the handscoring results in a score that
is different from the original machine
scoring—higher or lower—the revised score
will be mailed to you and the law schools
to which you apply.

With handscoring, can they decrease your score too??? or are you locked in at the score they gave, plus more, if warranted?
Georgetown