Law School Discussion

Loyola LA Decision

Loyola LA Decision
« on: February 25, 2006, 01:11:17 AM »
Well, my status just changed to "letter has been sent" on the online status checker! Did anyone else get this message today? I'm assuming I'll get the letter by tomorrow since I'm so close... gulp.

Re: Loyola LA Decision
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:47:18 AM »
Good luck!  Your lucky, mine still says complete.... since Dec  ???

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 07:50:28 AM »
yea, i got one early last week, but i live on the east coast, so I prolly wont get the letter until later next week.  Do you suspect that its an acceptance?  Thats my guess, but thats only based on the idea that acceptances are the only decisions theyve made so far.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 05:15:24 PM »
yea, i got one early last week, but i live on the east coast, so I prolly wont get the letter until later next week.  Do you suspect that its an acceptance?  Thats my guess, but thats only based on the idea that acceptances are the only decisions theyve made so far.

Didn't get anything in the mail today... so hoping for Monday. I hate waiting... :\

I really don't know... I'm scared to speculate... I might jinx myself! :P

segundo

• Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 11:23:57 PM »
Well, my status just changed to "letter has been sent" on the online status checker! Did anyone else get this message today? I'm assuming I'll get the letter by tomorrow since I'm so close... gulp.

GOOD LUCK!

jbs

• View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 10:14:24 AM »
On the 2/23 my status changed to letter has been sent.  I'm hoping I get a letter on Monday or Tuesday but i'm in Chicago so it could take longer.  I'm expecting a rejection like all my other applications...

jbs

• View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 10:46:01 PM »

is that true?  i'm too jaded to think as positively as you, even if its true that loyola hasn't rejected anyone.  it makes me think, "well, they have to start somewhere."    :D

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 12:03:30 AM »
I am DYING from the wait. I have been at 'Complete since mid december!!!! what does this mean? have they reviewed my app and are just sitting on it!? have they not touched it yet? are they not in a hurry to reject me!!!!!!!!???? Its maddening, like death by pinpricks....

Im very jealous you got a decision this early, i believ eit bodes very well for you.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 11:35:12 AM »
I have been complete since 12/9 and got a FA post card today.. it says that it does not reflect admissions status  :D

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 11:40:38 AM »
I have been complete since 12/9 and got a FA post card today.. it says that it does not reflect admissions status  :D

I got the same financial aid postcard on Saturday....

I'm a little nervous about Loyola LA. I applied PT but when I spoke to an admissions rep from Loyola LA, he mentioned that PT admissions decisions are just like FT decisions (ie not more lenient, they don't put more weight on WE etc). That makes me very nervous because the rep from USF told me the exact same thing & I was dinged from USF PT. According to LSAC the 75 for LSAT for FT/PT is 164/162 respectively so they really don't seem too much more lenient.....