Law School Discussion

Madea

silva

• vc n ss
    • AOL Instant Messenger - donel1921
    • View Profile
Madea
« on: February 24, 2006, 10:51:37 PM »
Just saw that movie and have no one to discuss it with right now so I'm posting on LSD if you don't mind.  The flick was good, more sentimental than the last one (almost too much), but Madea and the Uncle made up for it with the laughs.  I really liked Cicely Tyson's monologue on the steps, really inspiring. She put forth a relevant question that many of us still don't know the answer to, 'do you even know who you are?'

anybody else see it?

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Madea
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:48:04 AM »
I saw it. I hink it was much better than the first. Great movie.

Muse

• I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 03:37:08 PM »
The movie was very well done!

I laughed, I cried (especially when Maya Angelou read her poem about love)

Tyler Perry is very talented and the movie has an amazing message about LIFE. I will probably go see it again. I hope it does well in the box office.

Edit:(happy intent...I edited..Bah!)

BTW the poem  that Maya read at the end of the movie was called In and out of Time. I LOVE THAT POEM. She actually came to USC a few times while I was an undergrad. The women is AMAZING!

intent06

• "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »
Who is Terry Perry??? LOL

Regal...its TYLER!!

silva

• vc n ss
    • AOL Instant Messenger - donel1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 08:06:05 PM »
Yea man Maya Angelou represented. Whenever she opens her mouth and speaks it's just beautiful. It's like you can feel her spirit grab you through her voice; there aren't many people that do that to me.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 09:53:07 PM »
definitely definitely check it out.. EXCELLENT movie

crazy8

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:54:54 AM »
definitely definitely check it out.. EXCELLENT movie

Good Merning!
I didn't see the first one but thought this one was great.  It was kind of an emotional roller coaster, because one minute you're laughing, the next min. you wannt cry and the next min. you wanna fight somebody.  Anyone see one of Perry's plays?  It'd definitely enticed me to hit it up in NY.  He is funny as hell, and doesn't have to be degrating doing it!! 5 stars!

BTW Does anyone know the real name of the 96-year-old grandma?

Nowhere Man

• You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 12:45:48 PM »
We NEED more MOVIES like this people.

Better than the "Diary of...." AWESOME stuff.

We need to WAKE UP people!

Im serious.

God bless Mr. Tyler Perry...

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »
As a person that doesn't see too many movies at the theater, I thought the movie was great and I recommend it.  I was slightly disturbed by some of the ceiling decor  ;)  in the final scene but I think that was intentional.  I thought boris did a great job, I barely even remembered it was him til the last scene.

reutynwer

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 05:04:36 PM »
I was slightly disturbed by some of the ceiling decor  ;)  in the final scene but I think that was intentional. 

I feel you; those ceiling decorations are definitely gonna be the source of nightmares for weeks to come. But the rest of the film makes it worth it  ::)

While I think I "Diary" was a  better movie, as far as the plot/character development and jokes and stuff, this one had a broader and more meaningful message about what the black community as a whole needs. The role of the older women was really powerful, as were Cicely's poignant words.

"Young women, you are more than your hips and thighs. Respect yourselves!" Preach it!  ;D