Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Unread Post selections  (Read 4578 times)

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Unread Post selections
« on: February 25, 2006, 01:25:57 AM »
How about a place to add a “tick mark” on threads you want to mark as read … so you have an opportunity to get rid of those you don’t want to read and just have a list of what you want to look at? 

Didn’t read all these threads in this topic so my most humble apologies if it was already raised

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Unread Post selections
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 01:31:35 AM »
How about a place to add a “tick mark” on threads you want to mark as read … so you have an opportunity to get rid of those you don’t want to read and just have a list of what you want to look at? 

Didn’t read all these threads in this topic so my most humble apologies if it was already raised

Seriously, I want to get threads out of my unread replies without deleting.  Stay away from the Lair and Add-a-Word or beware!

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:19:08 AM »
“get threads out of my unread replies without deleting”

I’m sorry – its late… what do you mean?

You obviously know what "unread replies" means.  Once you post in a thread, every time it is updated, you'll have it there. But if the thread gets boring or just wanted to poke your head in once, it keeps coming  up  in the unread replies and takes up space.  To stop this, you can delete your own post(s) on that thread, and it won't be "replies" anymore.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 06:58:46 PM »
“get threads out of my unread replies without deleting”

I’m sorry – its late… what do you mean?

You obviously know what "unread replies" means.  Once you post in a thread, every time it is updated, you'll have it there. But if the thread gets boring or just wanted to poke your head in once, it keeps coming  up  in the unread replies and takes up space.  To stop this, you can delete your own post(s) on that thread, and it won't be "replies" anymore.

Ohhh!  No wonder so many people delete their original posts.  I think that there should be another option so that people don't resort to this.
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?