Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Sopranos Thread  (Read 615 times)

zerv28

• View Profile
Re: The Sopranos Thread
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 07:02:22 PM »
I could see the guilt about aid getting to chris, ultimately leading to a confrontation with tony.

As for Paulie, I read somewhere that its in his contract that he will never have to flip. Sort of awesome.  A Sil-Paulie confrontation could be in teh works. Really I have no idea - its one of the things I love about this show. 

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 07:39:27 PM »
hmmm... I wonder what will happen with the fed's that A was working with. I wonder if they will resurface and use what they have or just get dropped. They werent scoping out anyone else to talk to, right?

krumanadi

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 08:04:10 PM »
I could be insanely wrong, but if its true, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

I've been convinced for a couple seasons that Meadow is going to take over the family business.  Two main reasons: 1: the female "boss" from italy foreshadowed the possibility.  Also, when Tony (in one of the earlier seasons) said to melfi that AJ couldnt handle his business, but meadow was stronger, "more like him"... 

Side reasons include a gut feeling, and the fact that as much as she rebels and starts with her ideological stuff, she always seems to at the core defend her family,her dad, and her dads business.  I could definitly see her step up if Tony were to be incarcerated or killed.

TWO things I want to see play out.  Who is that dude who has been an informant for like 3-4 seasons on tonys crew.  Hes always around but I've never heard heard his name, but he was at that meeting of "all the top tiered guys" about not making money.  Also, the russian guy HAS to come back to haunt someone.  They made way too much about it for it to just go away.  Remember what tony said "Janice dont @#!* with the russians"

Also, zerv is right, Paulie cant flip, its in his contract.

zerv28

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »
I could be insanely wrong, but if its true, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

I've been convinced for a couple seasons that Meadow is going to take over the family business.  Two main reasons: 1: the female "boss" from italy foreshadowed the possibility.  Also, when Tony (in one of the earlier seasons) said to melfi that AJ couldnt handle his business, but meadow was stronger, "more like him"... 

Side reasons include a gut feeling, and the fact that as much as she rebels and starts with her ideological stuff, she always seems to at the core defend her family,her dad, and her dads business.  I could definitly see her step up if Tony were to be incarcerated or killed.

I don't think Finn is long for this world. Getting engaged to Meadow + seeing whats his name go down on that guy = an unfortunate construction accident.  Maybe that could prompt meadow to enter "the business."
That said, it seems almost too unrealistic...

Also, does anyone else prefer watching the whole season over the span of a weekend as oppossed to waiting each week?

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 08:14:49 PM »
I could see the guilt about aid getting to chris, ultimately leading to a confrontation with tony.

As for Paulie, I read somewhere that its in his contract that he will never have to flip. Sort of awesome.  A Sil-Paulie confrontation could be in teh works. Really I have no idea - its one of the things I love about this show. 

The Sopranos' IMDB Trivia page

doode

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 08:21:31 PM »
Good, I like Paulie. He's hilarious.

I think Meadow adds a certain element to Tony's dynamic though bc she is the way she is. I don think they'd get rid of that entire part if something happened to Tony. AJ cant do diddly but who knows what could happen.

Yeah, I agree about the Russian. They woudlnt boost all that for naught. I dont like Janice -- I think she should get knocked off by a Russian and let that fued start. If its not Chris ... let it be Janice!

Then .. theres the Tony/Carmella dynamic

Did you see the poster for the new season? Tony is in a recliner in the living room with french doors open to the pool with the family right out the door. Then, theres Melfi in the reflection of the french glass. Its pretty cool. Uncle is about half out of the picture ...

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 12:08:30 PM »
The feds are in the extended trailer. You can see it here: http://media.putfile.com/Sopranos-Season-6-Trailer. I love that music they have in it. And does anyone know who the guy they show in the first part between Dr. Melfi and Little Carmine is?

Janice is such a funny character, if anything I hope to see more of her. I think her and Bobby are gonna have a baby. It'd be funny if her kid that she ignores came to see her.

As for Meadow getting involved that's possible. She's smart and she's got that killer instinct (see: getting Finn to propose) but her becoming boss is pretty much impossible in the course of a year.

Ray Curto is the guy with the wire. I think he's a red herring and nothing's gonna come of it but hey you never know.

And Finn definitely could meet an untimely end. Especially considering how he was making eyes at the hot Latina from Harold and Kumar.

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2006, 04:44:46 PM »
The feds are in the extended trailer. You can see it here: http://media.putfile.com/Sopranos-Season-6-Trailer. I love that music they have in it. And does anyone know who the guy they show in the first part between Dr. Melfi and Little Carmine is?

Janice is such a funny character, if anything I hope to see more of her. I think her and Bobby are gonna have a baby. It'd be funny if her kid that she ignores came to see her.

As for Meadow getting involved that's possible. She's smart and she's got that killer instinct (see: getting Finn to propose) but her becoming boss is pretty much impossible in the course of a year.

Ray Curto is the guy with the wire. I think he's a red herring and nothing's gonna come of it but hey you never know.

And Finn definitely could meet an untimely end. Especially considering how he was making eyes at the hot Latina from Harold and Kumar.

Oh man, I had forgotten about Harpo and Janice's outburst at the end of the fifth season's episode that led us to believe anger management had exorcised her demons.

Did not realize that the hot Latina was the girl from Harold and Kumar--the fact that she has one prominent acting role to her credit makes me think there's a chance she could return (though sadly Annette Benning has yet to return  ;)

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2006, 04:47:47 PM »
Is anyone else really curious as to how the people not in the know are going to react to Adriana's death (or disappearance, whatever they're told)?  Can you imagine what an awful position it's going to be for Christopher to have to deal with all the questions from Carmela, Meadow, his mother, and the gang concerning Ade?  I've found myself wondering whether Carmela will put two and two together and leave Tony for what she would consider a truly impardonable crime

PlanetLawSchool

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 07:54:13 AM »
And does anyone know who the guy they show in the first part between Dr. Melfi and Little Carmine is?

The image was a little fuzzy, but he looks like Chris's friend from AA.