Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ANYONE ELSE UNHAPPY?  (Read 1862 times)

lsatflunkie

ANYONE ELSE UNHAPPY?
« on: February 24, 2006, 04:56:47 PM »
 :'(

BUT.. thank God for those years of hard work on the gpa- at least my index isn't THAT bad....

but still.... :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

sennyk

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ANYONE ELSE UNHAPPY?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 04:58:19 PM »
How do you find your index?

Ken

magnumalv

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »
:'(

BUT.. thank God for those years of hard work on the gpa- at least my index isn't THAT bad....

but still.... :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

aw, lsatflunk, i'm sorry it didn't turn out well. :(   :-*

lsatflunkie

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 05:04:17 PM »
on lsn AFTER you enter your lsat score- each school shows your index for that particular school. 

I have a 3.1 index at the school I want to attend and others have lower index #'s then me and were accepted, one with $$
It just sucks b/c if I would have gotten 3 more points, I probably would be in the running for some $$$ based on my gpa and my 12+ years experience in the legal field.  I also have a very unusual, yet powerful Personal Statement.  There's still some hope, I applied P/T, am a non-traditional student

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 05:12:46 PM »
I'm not all that thrilled with my score, but it's what I expected.  I'm glad I didn't cancel because my score was within my practice range... or rather at the bottom of it.  Still, it could have been worse.  When I look at LSN, I'm near the top of the pile in index number for the people that applied for my first choice, so I guess I'm in decent shape.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

sennyk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 05:14:26 PM »
I'm sorry that you didn't do as well as you'd have liked.  The score doesn't mean everything anyway.  I have a low GPA (3.02 in computer engineering [degree probably won't help, worked full time (30 + hours per week) and finished in 4 years though] and a 166 LSAT.  I'm saying this, because I've been told by a friend (attorney) that if you have a lot of life experience (not attending law school immediately after undergrad) that is a wonderful and immeasurable intangible.  Swing away with your apps and hold your head high.  :)

chastenedaspirations

• Sr. Citizen
  • JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cthenantucketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 05:29:18 PM »
Ya know what's even worse- I'm embarrassed to post my score.  I haven't seen anyone with a score NEAR as low as mine.............sigh.

Here's a question...I'm fairly certain that I will get accepted due to my experience, my PS, my gpa, and my age; however, I am also fairly certain that I won't be getting any $$ which is a big deal for me.  Do you think I should study until my brains fall out- perhaps increasing my score 10 points (I know that I could do this b/c I do understand and "get" the lsat- for me it's timing which IS repairable).... and then do I tell the school that I'm re-taking or will it be too late for any $$???  anyone?

Depends. Are you applying this cycle?
GPA: 3.8+
LSAT: 170+

lsatflunkie

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 05:31:19 PM »
I've already applied; they're waiting on my lsat result.  That's the problem- is a june re-take too late for $$- I really think I will be accepted with my other credentials, I'm now concerned about $

chastenedaspirations

• Sr. Citizen
  • JD applicant and street performer extraordinaire!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cthenantucketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 05:42:20 PM »
I've already applied; they're waiting on my lsat result.  That's the problem- is a june re-take too late for $$- I really think I will be accepted with my other credentials, I'm now concerned about $

I believe most merit-based aid would be doled out by then, but I could be wrong. Different schools have different policies. Your best bet would be to ask them directly if and when you get in.

(Putting my money on "when")
GPA: 3.8+
LSAT: 170+

charlieh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 05:47:21 PM »
I scored lower than I even did on my first diagnostic (which was timed), and I raised my score ten points from my original.  I have no idea what happened.  I thought I did poorly, but I didn't think I bombed it.  I mean, I know this is probably a long shot, but does anyone know of anyone that has used the hand scoring service and seen an improvement?  I just can't fathom scoring as low as I did.