Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Skipped over by Chicago in latest round of calls?  (Read 351 times)

snikrep

Skipped over by Chicago in latest round of calls?
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:15:29 PM »
Anybody else get skipped over by Chicago in the latest round?  My app is right in the dates they were calling, numbers seem fairly strong if not an autoadmit - what should I think?  Is a ding/waitlist coming in the mail as we speak?

The suspense is killing me, perhaps I should've never left my first love UVA for this attempted tryst with Chicago - at least she's a forgiving lover.

Goodfella Aaron

Re: Skipped over by Chicago in latest round of calls?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 02:34:13 PM »
I'm in the same boat. My numbers are slightly lower than yours and went complete slightly before you. Just like you I've got some good backups but it'd be nice to crack CCN (or HYS if T-murder wants to show me some love).

SLCbearcat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 02:39:31 PM »
exact same situation. my numbers just a touch higher, but i haven't heard either... so maybe they just haven't called us west coast kids yet. wish they'd send an email.

good luck!!

The Professor of Parody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »
I don't think you can read anything into it. Looking at LSN, while they are making the calls in waves, there doesn't seem to be an incredibly strong correlation between complete date and decision date. The last round of admits included people with decent to high numbers who went complete in November as well as people with lower numbers who went complete in January. They seem to be going in a somewhat random order. That, or they're putting a significant amount of weight on soft factors...

faultytowers

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 07:52:01 PM »
I'm wondering the same thing. Very similar #s, passed over in both rounds of calls. I've also yet to hear from Columbia. Wonder what the story is...

snikrep

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »
The Harvard rejection isn't exactly helping things... but the fact that I'm reconsidering law school completely is :P.