Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Worst 3 Things about each T14  (Read 56271 times)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: Worst 3 Things about each T14
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2007, 01:08:00 AM »

Columbia:
1.) You keep losing faculty to NYU
2.) Public interest law at CLS means learning how to use eminent domain laws to knock down housing projects and public parks so that the new Walmart can be built on that land, all in the "public interest"

1) Ooh, major harsh  :P
2) No no no. It's using eminent domain to evict tenants and businesses so COLUMBIA can build on that land! (PS- I just got a really nice booklet in my box about PI at CLS. Have you read it? That should also help combat the CLS = Corporate, NYU = PI stereotype for cross-admits)

Yup, got the pamphlets in it.  I actually think CLS has excellent programs for PI (for my interests, their US Attorney's program for SDNY is an amazing opportunity, though one that NYU also offers).  CLS also has great PI programs for international law and has an established presence in the international PI community.
Yale.Law.School.2010

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2007, 02:51:58 AM »
I deleted out of this thread a while ago.  Here are some updated classics.  By which I mean ramblings which should be discounted:

Penn and Cornell:
1) You're only in the T14 because you're an Ivy and USNews has decided to play along. People correctly assume that you game the rankings more than others.
2) People continually are forced to refer to generic notions of atmosphere and culture in order to not feel bad about turning down money at a school that would have disappointed their parents.
3) People think there's a difference between these schools.  Specifically, people at Penn.

Northwestern:
1) People think you're in Evanston.  Evanston sucks.
2) You're associated with the people who go to Northwestern undergrad.
3) Over half of the nontrads students with work experience that forms that backbone of all of your stats are ultimately those who are seeking a raise, not those with any particular interest in law, making you a b-school backup for those who were pleasantly surprised by their LSAT score.

Virginia, Duke:
1) I never learned anything about you because you're too far in the South.
2) I stand by this decision.
3) Duke sucks.  UVA, I ain't got no quarrel with you.

Stanford:
1) The only people who would choose to live in Palo Alto over Berkeley are the ones there now and you're stuck with them.
2) I love you and you love me and life is good as long as everyone is white and well off and we don't have to worry about dealing with the real world if we avoid working in it before law school or paying for it while we're here.
3) It's so obvious to everyone that you're at the right school for you that you can't understand why anyone would ever choose otherwise and you pity those who did.  It's unclear to you why this is a problem.  You're thinking of getting into est.

Harvard:
1) You've sold your soul to the devil and yet you constantly remind everyone that you're not a sellout and that Harvard is not what they think and that you're not going to end up like they always knew you would.
2) So it turns out that the reason you didn't get laid in undergrad wasn't that you couldn't drop the H-bomb after all.
3) There is so much free booze that you post stupid *&^% like this to LSD.

Harmonium

• Sr. Citizen
  • Schiedmayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2007, 03:01:22 AM »
I deleted out of this thread a while ago.  Here are some updated classics.  By which I mean ramblings which should be discounted:

Penn and Cornell:
1) You're only in the T14 because you're an Ivy and USNews has decided to play along. People correctly assume that you game the rankings more than others.
2) People continually are forced to refer to generic notions of atmosphere and culture in order to not feel bad about turning down money at a school that would have disappointed their parents.
3) People think there's a difference between these schools.  Specifically, people at Penn.

Northwestern:
1) People think you're in Evanston.  Evanston sucks.
2) You're associated with the people who go to Northwestern undergrad.
3) Over half of the nontrads students with work experience that forms that backbone of all of your stats are ultimately those who are seeking a raise, not those with any particular interest in law, making you a b-school backup for those who were pleasantly surprised by their LSAT score.

Virginia, Duke:
1) I never learned anything about you because you're too far in the South.
2) I stand by this decision.
3) Duke sucks.  UVA, I ain't got no quarrel with you.

Stanford:
1) The only people who would choose to live in Palo Alto over Berkeley are the ones there now and you're stuck with them.
2) I love you and you love me and life is good as long as everyone is white and well off and we don't have to worry about dealing with the real world if we avoid working in it before law school or paying for it while we're here.
3) It's so obvious to everyone that you're at the right school for you that you can't understand why anyone would ever choose otherwise and you pity those who did.  It's unclear to you why this is a problem.  You're thinking of getting into est.

Harvard:
1) You've sold your soul to the devil and yet you constantly remind everyone that you're not a sellout and that Harvard is not what they think and that you're not going to end up like they always knew you would.
2) So it turns out that the reason you didn't get laid in undergrad wasn't that you couldn't drop the H-bomb after all.
3) There is so much free booze that you post stupid sh*t like this to LSD.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
I'll have a stab at it:

Yale:
1.) When you try to pick up girls at the bar by dropping the Yale name, you need to then explain why you go to Yale and not Harvard ("Seriously, Yale is better than Harvard, just look at this rankings list I keep in my pocket for moments like this")
2.) New Hellhole Haven
3.) When you realize you don't want to go into academia and find out that Harvard's alumni dominate all other areas of the law.

Stanford:
1.) The west coast affirmative action admit of the T3
2.) All the money you pay to live in Palo Alto, only to see that everything closes by 11
3.) Your former dean couldn't pass the bar.  Can you?

Harvard:
1.) The law school of the greatest university in the world is ranked third...
2.) By telling people you go to Harvard they automatically assume you're a d0uche and start treating you like one
3.) If you're not a d0uche yet, being at Harvard will make you one

Columbia:
1.) You keep losing faculty to NYU
2.) Public interest law at CLS means learning how to use eminent domain laws to knock down housing projects and public parks so that the new Walmart can be built on that land, all in the "public interest"
3.) Having to always mention you're a Hamilton scholar in order to prove to people you could have gone to Harvard, Stanford, or Yale but didn't feel like it, a line which may work with law firms in New York but doesn't work quite as well with that cute chick who has moved onto the HLS grad since speaking with your pathetic ass

Usual disclaimer, just being facetious.  If they can't take a joke, f!ck 'em.

it's f-em...if they can't take a joke but i guess either way will work  :D
...man, you was who you was before you got here

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »
it's f-em...if they can't take a joke but i guess either way will work  :D

I've heard it my way usually.

The important thing is that they get fvcked, regardless of it's in the front or the back.
Yale.Law.School.2010

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2007, 12:26:39 PM »
my way's common in the military...one of my favorites  ;D

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2007, 12:39:25 PM »

Military > civilian.  You win  :)
Yale.Law.School.2010

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2007, 12:43:41 PM »

You just got CIVpwn3d. Good preparation for getting CivPrown3d?

I know I can't fvck w/ the military.  I won't even try.
Yale.Law.School.2010

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »
it works for civilians as well...i use it all the time at work...it's a philosophy i live by...it got me in HLS...so f-em if they can't take a joke

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »

You just got CIVpwn3d. Good preparation for getting CivPrown3d?

I like this terminology.  If it weren't for exams after break this year, I certainly would have been CivPrown3d.