Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I think I just told a school off...  (Read 4047 times)

check01

Re: I think I just told a school off...
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2006, 01:47:10 AM »
Am I the only one who takes issue with the substance of the letter? Whether or not the transition program is designed to game the rankings, it is entirely possible that the OP was put into the transitional program because they expect her to be a bad law student. It's not "playing the rankings game" to be wary of admitting a moron.

But what do I know? I ditched class, skipped work, and didn't pick up my baby from day care so I could down a dozen beers at a strip club today. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to send a drunken F-U email to an admissions dean for not writing a sufficiently lengthy personal note on my scholarship letter.

SCgrad

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2006, 06:22:50 AM »
Sissiest. 'Tell off'. EVER!

titcr

and your reasoning is very suspect.  your only serious complaint is the rudeness of the admission's office and those people are almost always rude.  the fact that you throw in baseless claims about toledo's admissions process prolly kills your credibility on that very weak argument.

funny thread though...

yujoolee

• My face and fashion sense are god like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2006, 06:47:39 AM »
Drinking at work results in signs like this one!

LOL you made my day.

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2006, 02:44:06 PM »
The email was not as bad as I thought. Actually, it was good that you told that university that their staff was not friendly at all. However, using vulgar language was probably not the best but then again after drinking a couple of glasses of wine, you probably did not fully understand what you were writing.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

redemption

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2006, 06:07:57 PM »
This is the strangest thread that I have ever come across on LSD. I've just read it from top to bottom and couldn't make out at all what anyone was so hot and bothered about. It looks very much like the transcript of a social psychology experiment.

check01

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2006, 07:31:14 PM »
This is the strangest thread that I have ever come across on LSD. I've just read it from top to bottom and couldn't make out at all what anyone was so hot and bothered about. It looks very much like the transcript of a social psychology experiment.

Isn't it perfectly obvious?  Drama queen pops in, turns out there isn't much drama, so we create our own. That's not strange, it's resourceful!

SkullTatt

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2006, 07:34:33 PM »
What's bizarre to me is that people don't see how shockingly inappropriate the letter is... do you people normally send this kind of correspondence to law schools?

I agree that all the talk about increasing rankings is speculation and might be totally wrong... but that is part of what's funny about the letter.

Crumpler

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2006, 08:04:12 PM »
I feel sorry for those who will have to deal with BearGirl's whinny BS in the future.  Why in the world would you think that after they placed you in the transitional program, you could just call them up and be placed in full time? If that could be done, then everyone would do it and there would be no point in the program at all. I think the letter shows a lack of maturity and will make the adcoms wonder why they even gave you a chance in the first place.   If your ego gets bruised this easily, you’re going to have a hard time in law school. Toughen up.

redemption

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2006, 08:39:23 PM »
I feel sorry for those who will have to deal with BearGirl's whinny BS in the future.  Why in the world would you think that after they placed you in the transitional program, you could just call them up and be placed in full time? If that could be done, then everyone would do it and there would be no point in the program at all. I think the letter shows a lack of maturity and will make the adcoms wonder why they even gave you a chance in the first place.   If your ego gets bruised this easily, you’re going to have a hard time in law school. Toughen up.

You should provide a disclaimer, don't you think?  :)

New Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sunshines through my window
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2006, 09:25:18 PM »
What a crock of *&^%, the OP is stupid. She comes in telling us she has skipped school and was drinking and then complains that the school doesn't think she will study enough to make it the full-time program. Looks like they were right

And that letter was lame, and who cares if they are trying to raise their rankings? I mean every frigging school is trying to raise their rankings. Why don't you female dog out the other schools who rejected you?

I sincerely doubt that this school gives a flying fu ck about your e-mail and I bet they are glad you withdrew. If you have this much drama before you even got there, imagine what you would be like after.