Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too embarrassed to tell family?  (Read 5336 times)

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
Re: Too embarrassed to tell family?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 05:17:05 PM »
I liked the baseball story, kinda reminds me of Chicken Soup, hehe

I guess I just felt hurt by the rejections and sad. I am getting a little better though, thanks to you guys!!

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 05:20:03 PM »
What are your other options, man?  Where have you been accepted?

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 05:25:44 PM »
I have been accepted by Michigan State but no money. That school is really expensive, I may have to sit out this year and retake LSAT and try again!! ;-(

kuokuo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bear Territory
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 05:29:43 PM »
kruddler...that's an awesome story...

btw, Iwanttostudylaw, I can relate...only those cousins are my younger siblings...

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 06:11:40 PM »
I feel like a big reject and disapointment to my family. I am so sick of hearing about cousins going to Columia for med school, Yale for Law school, Oxford for Ph.D etc and me........just  a big bluh.

It is really hard on the ego this whole admissions process!!

Last year I got dinged from 8 out of 10 law schools with my 154 LSAT.  At the same time my sister was finishing her master's degree and my cousin was graduating from a pretty good law school, which rejected me.  I had spent most of my life getting better grades than my cousins and sister, and I all of a sudden I felt like I was the screw up in the family, not doing as well as everyone else.

Instead of throwing in the towel and feeling like a failure, I worked a bit harder and this year, I'll be going to a law school just as good as my cousin's, and soon I'll have a grad degree just like my sister.

It's all about hanging in there through the bumps!

Also, a lot of Americans don't graduate high school.  More don't go to college.  Plenty don't graduate college.  By far the majority of the country does not attempt or finish grad school, let alone LAW school.  Sure, in our world, we have a T14, T1, 2, 3, and 4, but compared to a lot of people's ambition levels, every law school might as well be the T14.  Just by even attempting this goal, you're already so many steps ahead of the game it's not even funny.

Hang in there.  There's more good news coming in the mail any day/week now!

M DOT

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »
hey iwannastudy, you're not alone i was hit with 2 dings too today and it bites, especially since i could care less about the rest of my apps, iyiyiyi

ive been home from work for about an hour and have yet to mention anything to anyone, i cant even think of how to say i didnt get in b/c im not trying to here the "dont worry about its" or "well who needs em" they wer both reaches but damn man

jjason2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 07:43:54 PM »
Since most of my family (cousins, aunts, uncles) had trouble finishing high school, I have no qualms telling them about LS dings. They're just proud of me for not ending up living in a single-wide/meth lab in western Kansas.

HAHA! That's great.

mirror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »
I got dinged by UF today and that was the school that most people in my family assumed I would attend. Now I just don't even know how to tell them that isn't even an option. Anyone else feel bad to tell family members about dings?

Hey Chica,

Sorry to hear about this... I definatly am reluctant to tell fam when I get dinged and it's happend twice already.  In under grad I pretended that one of my top choices never got back to me and my mom ended up calling them!!!  But anyways, it is normal. Take time to yourself and colect yourself, then when you feel more comforatable do it.  Take your time, you know this process is demanding and trying!!

some of you people need to grow up a little

M DOT

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 06:13:01 PM »
and some ppl need not to be such douchebags  ;)

I got dinged by UF today and that was the school that most people in my family assumed I would attend. Now I just don't even know how to tell them that isn't even an option. Anyone else feel bad to tell family members about dings?

Hey Chica,

Sorry to hear about this... I definatly am reluctant to tell fam when I get dinged and it's happend twice already.  In under grad I pretended that one of my top choices never got back to me and my mom ended up calling them!!!  But anyways, it is normal. Take time to yourself and colect yourself, then when you feel more comforatable do it.  Take your time, you know this process is demanding and trying!!

some of you people need to grow up a little

mirror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 06:14:41 PM »
'just ignore it and it will go away'