Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too embarrassed to tell family?  (Read 5359 times)

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
Too embarrassed to tell family?
« on: February 23, 2006, 04:16:38 PM »
I got dinged by UF today and that was the school that most people in my family assumed I would attend. Now I just don't even know how to tell them that isn't even an option. Anyone else feel bad to tell family members about dings?

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Too embarrassed to tell family?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »
I got dinged by UF today and that was the school that most people in my family assumed I would attend. Now I just don't even know how to tell them that isn't even an option. Anyone else feel bad to tell family members about dings?

My immediate family knows but I don't mention it to my extended family or not-close friends...I just make it seem like I didn't apply there.

But yeah I feel embarrassed as well :-[

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 04:26:09 PM »
Since most of my family (cousins, aunts, uncles) had trouble finishing high school, I have no qualms telling them about LS dings. They're just proud of me for not ending up living in a single-wide/meth lab in western Kansas.

Haha kruddler! Your comments always make me laugh.

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 04:41:20 PM »
I feel like a big reject and disapointment to my family. I am so sick of hearing about cousins going to Columia for med school, Yale for Law school, Oxford for Ph.D etc and me........just  a big bluh.

It is really hard on the ego this whole admissions process!!

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 04:44:21 PM »
I feel like a big reject and disapointment to my family. I am so sick of hearing about cousins going to Columia for med school, Yale for Law school, Oxford for Ph.D etc and me........just  a big bluh.

I guess it's good preparation for how law school is going to shatter any self esteem we ever had....

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 04:50:41 PM »

Hey Chica,

Sorry to hear about this... I definatly am reluctant to tell fam when I get dinged and it's happend twice already.  In under grad I pretended that one of my top choices never got back to me and my mom ended up calling them!!!  But anyways, it is normal. Take time to yourself and colect yourself, then when you feel more comforatable do it.  Take your time, you know this process is demanding and trying!!
There's no homework in Law School

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 04:51:01 PM »

I guess it's good preparation for how law school is going to shatter any self esteem we ever had....

haha too true

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 04:52:35 PM »

Hey Chica,

Sorry to hear about this... I definatly am reluctant to tell fam when I get dinged and it's happend twice already.  In under grad I pretended that one of my top choices never got back to me and my mom ended up calling them!!!  But anyways, it is normal. Take time to yourself and colect yourself, then when you feel more comforatable do it.  Take your time, you know this process is demanding and trying!!

Hey you :-)

that is what I am going to do!!  I will just not say anything right now, lol

Hedley Lamarr

• Sr. Citizen
  • What in the wide, wide world of sports is agoin on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 05:02:08 PM »
They'll find out eventually, might as well get it over with.  I assume they will be very supportive.
And btw law school does not dictate how you will perform as a lawyer.  You’ll be great don't sweat it.
Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total female dog

What are ya a bunch of Kansas City faggots

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 05:12:21 PM »
I could not agree more with Kruddler.  You are the dark horse.  Still in the race.  Always.