Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too embarrassed to tell family?  (Read 5390 times)

tmc123

• View Profile
Re: Too embarrassed to tell family?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 02:59:08 AM »
I have been accepted by Michigan State but no money. That school is really expensive, I may have to sit out this year and retake LSAT and try again!! ;-(

I sat out of law school for a year retook the LSAT (2 more times actually) and it was the best thing I could have done.

There are a handfull of school that will automatically take your highest LSAT score and many that will take your highest score depending on the amount of improvement. 

As for me I will probably be turning down acceptances from two schools that rejected me last year and end up at a higher ranking school than any of the schools I applied to last year.

Applying for the second time around you also have a far better understanding of the admissions process and I've been able to make sure Law School is what I want to do.
UVA '09

Terabithia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 09:27:05 AM »
I know, I am so confused as to what to do. I am going to weigh up my options at the end of this year and see what I think is best. sigh.

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 02:45:23 PM »
I have been accepted by Michigan State but no money. That school is really expensive, I may have to sit out this year and retake LSAT and try again!! ;-(

I sat out of law school for a year retook the LSAT (2 more times actually) and it was the best thing I could have done.

There are a handfull of school that will automatically take your highest LSAT score and many that will take your highest score depending on the amount of improvement. 

As for me I will probably be turning down acceptances from two schools that rejected me last year and end up at a higher ranking school than any of the schools I applied to last year.

Applying for the second time around you also have a far better understanding of the admissions process and I've been able to make sure Law School is what I want to do.

180.  180.  180.  This has been my experience exactly.  I may well end up turning down a couple of schools that rejected me last year and I'm already in at one school which is ranked higher than any school that accepted me last year.  It took a leap of patience more than anything, but it was probably one of the more mature things I've done in the last few years.

If this process is not going the way you want/need it to, I would seriously consider slowing down and not rushing headfirst into a situation that isn't what you want.  It's too important a chapter in your life to not get what you want out of it.

A year is not that long and the sense of control I've gained over the process has been huge as far as peace of mind goes.

jorge

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »
Since most of my family (cousins, aunts, uncles) had trouble finishing high school, I have no qualms telling them about LS dings. They're just proud of me for not ending up living in a single-wide/meth lab in western Kansas.

Let's say that you were in a trailer in western Kansas, what part of western Kansas would it be?

friendinhays

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 07:06:11 PM »
I have a friend in Hays, and most the trailors there are doublewide not single, you can make more meth that way.  Oh and about putting the dad in the nursing home, I vote for putting him in the trunk w the dead hooker.

jorge

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 10:27:15 PM »
Since most of my family (cousins, aunts, uncles) had trouble finishing high school, I have no qualms telling them about LS dings. They're just proud of me for not ending up living in a single-wide/meth lab in western Kansas.

Let's say that you were in a trailer in western Kansas, what part of western Kansas would it be?

Probably somewhere around Hays.

That's what I wanted to hear. My dad's from Plainville. He's a paleontologist, which may or may not provide good cover for meth production.

Next question is, are you a graduate of a Rooks County high school and thus eligible for free tuitition at Washburn?