Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help me decide my LOR?  (Read 868 times)

fulltimejob

• View Profile
Help me decide my LOR?
« on: July 27, 2004, 07:31:19 PM »
I did my undergrad 13 yrs back. Since then I have had several professors with whom I did advanced degrees. Have been working in the industry for 3 yrs now. Here's a small list I made with a little bit of relevance to each guy. Please help me choose the LORs. Please put your choices in order. Thanks for your help.

1. CEO of current company - He's an ex-scientist and so am I, as I now do intel property and he's ofcourse the CEO. He seems to like me (or gives that impression). When I moved from Science to IP, he said the company MAY pay for my law degree.

2. My current boss- Title, Vice President , Intell Prop, A patent attorney. Is my mentor, likes me tremendously.

3. My boss at my previous employment- We have become good friends over the years. Title- Director of Chemistry, at a local pharmaceutical company

4. The Patent attorney outside of my company with whom I work. He just became a partner at a local law firm. He's a Ph.D like me and made a career change to Law  @ Boalt.

5. One of my professors at Undergrad. Remembers me well and is now head of the department.

6. Another guy, local, is a scientist turned enterpreuner, started his own pharmaceutical startup. I have previously helped him in patent drafting etc several times.

nathanielmark

Re: Help me decide my LOR?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 09:38:49 PM »
definitely the elderly woman with the chrome plated walker

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 11:19:24 PM »
I'd go with your current boss, you boss from your previous company, and the professor.  If you're applying to Boalt, sub the rec from your previous boss for the attorney who went to Boalt (designating LORs for different schools is a new "feature" on lsac, I believe)

BlueGirl

• I miss the squirrel...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 10:25:16 PM »
I agree completely with jacy.  Those are exactly the same picks I would make.