Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post Scores  (Read 2194 times)

lawdawg19

• View Profile
Post Scores
« on: January 02, 2004, 06:11:26 PM »
Let's all post them for now on.
I have a 2.7, 178, got waitlisted at all 3 Southern Schools I applied to because they weigh GPA 3 Times More than they weight LSAT's.
UNC, Florida, Emory
Oh yeah...I have 4 speeding tickets.

valerie098

• View Profile
Re: Post Scores
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 10:44:51 AM »
Wow!!!That is an incredible score! I have a few speeding tickets myself---good luck!

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Post Scores
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 02:25:13 AM »
Newguy,
That is indeed a remarkable score, however althoug I have heard that Columbia does the same thing as you proposed about those other Southern schools, but the factual numbers do not lie. Look aty the median LSAT for those schools your definitely fall into the top 1% of this, however look at the media UGPA and you fall in the lower 15-25%. Someone else correct me if I'm mistaken but you were probably (shot in the dark) waitlisted becasue (on the positive note- reason why you were not rejected) was the superior LSAT (great job) on the other hand the negative note (reason why you were not accepted) was your less than stellar GPA. Now unless you graduated with a degree in a very hard science subject (I.e Electrical engineering or Computer Science) than the deflated GPA can not be justified properly. I apologize for sounding harsh but law school is not for the weary-- again correct if I am wrong, by all means.
Bottom line with that LSAT you will go to law school becasue on average the LSAT is weighted about 60-40 or even sometimes 70-30 over the UGPA, no worries. If the LSAT is indeed a precursor that states (paraphrases how you will do- which I don't agree with personally but...) then you will succeed indefinitely! Have fun work hard, Determination, and hardwork will determine your success in my opinion.. There I bantered enough
-- IVY_Hopeful (aka Darrell)
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141