Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It pisses me off...  (Read 729 times)

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
It pisses me off...
« on: February 22, 2006, 11:14:15 PM »
...that LSAC releases the scores on Friday. I have heard many people saying that the reason LSAC releases scores on Friday is so that they aren't swarmed with complaints/phone calls. How inefficient are these sons of bitches? Just release it when you have them scored for crying out loud.

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: It pisses me off...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 11:20:27 PM »
They just like to ruin your weekend.

Bastards.....

sidney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 11:21:14 PM »
Here Here!

spud1987

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 11:28:54 PM »
It's bad enough they make you wait so long, it really is redic.  I just try not to think about it. 

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:01:21 AM »
Okay now Ladies & Gentlemen...listen to the LSD Granny Vera :) (After all, I am 41 and should have some wisdom.........sometimes....) LOL

I took the LSAT in 1992...and back in the old days....we had to wait for our scores for over 8 weeks...you whippersnappers need to learn patience!  ::)

Vera  ;)

PS: For real, not making this up, that is really how long it took and we got the score via U.S. Post Mail.
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Fidelio

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 12:05:45 AM »
...that LSAC releases the scores on Friday. I have heard many people saying that the reason LSAC releases scores on Friday is so that they aren't swarmed with complaints/phone calls. How inefficient are these sons of bitches? Just release it when you have them scored for crying out loud.

What's more is the tens and thousands of LSAC subscribers and LSAT takers you'd figure they'd easily have the funds to man the lines for these complaints/phone calls.

sea dream

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:33:59 AM »
i think the conventional wisdom was not that they necessarily didn't have the funding, or didn't want to spend it, but that people will initially see red after getting the scores and then cool down after a weekend, and may not bother to put in complaints that they otherwise would have.

edited to add: that being said, i totally sympathize with you folks. but at least the end is near!
Nevermind. Queen of the Waitlists, anyways.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 05:41:34 AM »
I cannot join this bandwagon of complaint.  I like getting my score early.  Helps me deal with the fallout sooner.  But best of luck to all.  Hopefully the LSAC won't be hearing any complaints from us.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 02:06:02 PM »
Okay now Ladies & Gentlemen...listen to the LSD Granny Vera :) (After all, I am 41 and should have some wisdom.........sometimes....) LOL

I took the LSAT in 1992...and back in the old days....we had to wait for our scores for over 8 weeks...you whippersnappers need to learn patience! ::)

Vera ;)

PS: For real, not making this up, that is really how long it took and we got the score via U.S. Post Mail.

pony express?

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 11:43:03 PM »
It's not really the wait that angers me as much as the inefficient nature of LSAC and the fact that they would time the score release to avoid the deluge of calls and complaints.

I've just noticed LSAC is very ineffcient from the day i registered from the LSAT. Among the things I didn't like were:

a) CRAPPY paper used for the test. the practice tests are all nice paper and then the test is on this recycled paper that rips so easily. If I remember correctly, both the SAT and the AP tests were on clean, white paper. This may seem like a trivial thing to worry about but I mean seriously, when you're used to regular paper it kind of throws you off (I don't think this affected my score or anything but it was very inconvenient)

b) unsealed tests. I remember that for my AP exams, they had these stickers that you would use to seal the test booklet so that no one could tamper with them. I don't feel very comfortable with the fact that a proctor has the ability to do whatever he/she wants to with the test when I'm done...I'm just supposed to have faith in him/her I guess.

c) Not requiring proctors to use digital timers??!! My proctor was just reading it off the analog clock in the room. He definitely varied in his timing by +/- 30 seconds to a minute. 

There are more, just can't think of them.